Lenny Dykstra Extorted Umps

Discussion in 'Sports' started by VolDad, Oct 27, 2015.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Ex-MLB star Lenny Dykstra says he spent $500,000 to hire private investigators to spy on MLB umpires and used their secrets -- including affairs and gay sex -- as leverage to get calls during games.

Dykstra just spilled his guts on "The Herd" with Colin Cowherd on FS1 ... saying he would essentially threaten the umpires to go public with the information unless he got favorable calls.

"Their blood's just as red as ours," Dykstra said ... "Some of them like women, some of them like men, some of them gamble ... some of them do whatever."

Dykstra says the strategy was effective -- with umpires often shrinking the strike zone for him when he was at bat in the early '90s.

"Its wasn't a coincidence that I led the league in walks the next few years, was it?"

Dykstra did in fact lead the league in walks in 1993.

"Fear does a lot to a man."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/category/tmzsports?adid=TMZ_Web_Nav_TMZSports#ixzz3pnIKLXc8

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Always liked ole "Nails".

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

What a silly sport.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Scorsese should make a film about this dude.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You're just upset all the Canadian teams are out.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't believe a single thing this guys says.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me either but it's still funny as hell

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

This has to be the most ridiculous story I've heard in the year 2015.* Lenny Dykstra is quite the character.

*to unnecessarily clarify here, when I say "ridiculous" I don't mean "crazy", "wacky", or the like. I mean "obviously even more made up than a story about me and my 13 inch flaccid penis."

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Where's his proof? I want to see the proof. I would LOVE to see his allegations proven true.

Another black eye for baseball? Yes, please.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

An unrepentant shill for a sport played by semiliterate, roided up domestic violence machines should probably worry about his own sport. There's a reason MLB and NBA players crush their NFL counterparts in earnings. Football players are meaningless, faceless, interchangeable human detritus. Ignoring American football is one thing the rest of the world has exactly right.

11. hatvol96

Why would you? Dykstra ripped his own son off.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Was there a whole squad more juiced that the 93 Phillies?

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Guy makes Ozzie Guillen look like an alter boy.

14. hatvol96

The '88-'90 A's? The Killer B's Astros? The Brady Anderson/Rafael Palmeiro Orioles? The McGwire/Tatis Cardinals?

15. hatvol96

That's World Champion Ozzie Guillen to you, Cubs fan.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There's a better chance of me playing in game 2 tomorrow night than this being true.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There's been hundreds, maybe thousands of pieces of shit to win titles. I reconciled myself with that fact years ago.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

[​IMG]
    He killed'em with they love, Boss. HE KILLED'EM WITH THEY LOVE!"

19. hatvol96

A football fan talking about steroid use in baseball is comparable to Donald Trump calling someone an egomaniac. Hey, enjoy watching a sport that gives us solid citizens like Greg Hardy.

20. hatvol96

At least Canseco lived long enough to write a book. Beats being a concussion addled suicide case.