Lenny Dykstra Extorted Umps

Discussion in 'Sports' started by VolDad, Oct 27, 2015.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Not when I'm was talking about the need for the NFLPA to have competent management.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And yet the NFL makes more money than the NBA or MLB.

NFL teams also have a roster that is twice that of baseball and 5 times that of basketball.

I just find it interesting that the sport that takes the most out of you and is by FAR the most popular, is the least compensated.

3. hatvol96

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the salaries.

4. hatvol96

Exactly. The actual talent gets their fair share of the take in the NBA and MLB. The lack of competent leadership in the NFL keeps their share laughably low.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

6. hatvol96

The NFL has four to five times as many players as the NBA and twice as many as baseball.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The main issue I have with NFL contracts is that they are not guaranteed unlike all other sports. I know TennyD seems to think this is a good thing, and perhaps it is. But the fact that a team can cut a guy the minute he gets injured is gross.

8. hatvol96

The NFLPA needs to hire the guy heading the NHLPA.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

which explains the difference in salaries.

10. hatvol96

Not really. It just means the individual players in baseball and basketball are getting a much higher proportional share of their league's revenue than their football counterparts. That's on the union. So is the fact contracts aren't guaranteed.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

but they aren't getting a much higher share of the leagues revenues as a whole.

12. hatvol96

Today was Exhibit A as to why I love Dan LeBatard. He gave Kyle Turley a national forum for 15 essentially uninterrupted minutes to absolutely shit all over the NFL and the pharmaceutical industry.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. They should be guaranteed in cases of injury/illness, but not count against the salary cap if cut.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Didn't the NFL try this in 1987 with less than desirable effects for the league?

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I seem to remember the players broke

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, they caved, but, in the meantime, fans were pissed, considered it a complete farce and stayed away from stadiums. That the players showed no balls in staying the course aside, the idea that these guys could just be replaced and no one would care much doesn't seem to be true.