Making moonshine- can I do that?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 2, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Fify

What else is there to do here?

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

everclear? Man up and drink golden grain.

Actually maybe its just at the liquor store I goto everclear isn't quite as high as golden grain in % alcohol.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Most of the moonshine made around these parts are made outdoors in the backwoods. Unless the show moonshiners on the discovery channel is inaccurate. You need to find a good stream/creek to set up on.

4. JayVols

Think of it this way: Everclear is your local home cooking cafeteria type restaurant. Shine is your grandmother's awesome home cooking.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The reason why they do them out in the woods is so they don't get caught/found out. Also, if there is an explosion from a screw-up.

Having water available is good, but you can always truck it in.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Moonshine peaches FTW

A fraternity brother from Sevier Co. introduced me to those.

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

[video=youtube;aON_EUHsblo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aON_EUHsblo&feature=fvst[/video]

Popcorn's degree is in chemical engineering.

8. JayVols

Good stuff for sure.

Also take some shine and a syringe and inject a watermelon or orange with the shine. Let sit for a day in the fridge. Eat and enjoy. You're welcome.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

in california everclear is only like 150 proof since there is a limit legally (if i remember correctly from my jungle juice days in college).

interesting.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This is correct. Except in Alabama and Mississippi, where it's illegal to do all of the above (although Alabama has a bill in the State Senate that proposes to legalize home-brewing of beer, wine, cider, and mead. Even though the people in the Alabama State Senate don't have a [uck fay]ing clue what mead is). Of course, ability to enforce the law is a different issue.

11. CardinalVol

Hmmmmmmm......................

I suddenly have a great new idea about what to take to the next church picnic!

12. CardinalVol

However, as of 4 years ago (not checked since then), you could legally drink and drive in the state of Mississippi.

Go figure.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If you like beer (or wine), making that is a cool hobby. But yeah, it would be

14. JayVols

Road kill party. Get a fresh road kill (usually a possum) freeze in a block of ice (old metal wash tub works great). Put in larger container and fill with jungle juice. Goal is to drink the alcohol before the ice melts down to the road kill. Hawkins County is a boring place, y'all.

15. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

just make it imo

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Apple Pie

17. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

[video=youtube;EPuWX7d7yEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPuWX7d7yEw[/video]

18. JayVols

Union County, huh?
    Played them in softball this year. One of the best teams we played all year. Their male head coach would suck the chrome off of a trailer hitch though

19. JayVols

Shine should be legal and this stuff outlawed. It's so good and has zero burn. A man could get alcohol poisoning in a hurry off that stuff.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some thick girls up in Union County.

Don't know anything about who coaches what up there these days. I know it has been the same football coach forever, and he's done nothing but lose games.