Millennials: What do you think of us?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Sep 19, 2014.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think of those the one that probably is very true, and more so than other generations would be the emotional durability part.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I laugh too. That's why everything I make on Monday goes to the tax man. Plus getting to pay into SS and never going to see it.

3. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

3 kids, business, family stuff...can't raise hell on them. Don't go out much anymore either and really watch only sports or game of thrones. Pretty ridiculous really.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I give my generation enough hell

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

This is why should have never stopped beating our kids

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm what you get if you don't stop beating your kids.

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Me too. So, what? Hippies and gays?

8. limpleg

I have a friend in Colorado that started a little phrase/log called "Be Hippy". If you are on Facebook, go to their page or they may have a site now. Pretty decent job they did with their logo.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol.

Just to be clear, I don't really agree with the article I posted. It just made me laugh and was my reason behind starting this thread.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you ever ski at Copper Mountain up past Frisco?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

A variety of heathen possibilities, I guess.

12. limpleg

Havent been up there but I think we passed it on the way to Vail in January and took the family to Steamboat for spring break. Heads up for any guys that decide to go with friends. Off weekend in January with 6-8 guys is cheap from Nashville. Fly swa to Denver free, condo in in Lionshead ends up being @ $200 a person. It was -5 one day, but the equipment is so good now, you never get cold.
    Steamboat was great. Probably won't do it again and extremely costly, but I wanted to get my kids to the top of a mountain out there so I bit the bullet. Top 3 trip all time for me though. Steamboat was just hard to get to. And freaking wild animals everywhere on a long stretch. Dark as hell on that hwy, no lights. Just stars, moon, snow, our car at 11 pm and a bunch of animals. I was worried we were going to tag one or get tagged.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Come to think of it my parents whipped me a lot.

Maybe I am gay. I hate trees.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I do think common sense/reasoning ability is worse in this generation. Don't know what it is the result of.

I feel like a lot of problems come from passing kids through school for numbers' sake. I hate that. You didn't earn it, but go right ahead. They never actually learn. (and other things along these same lines. Entitlement and such outside of school)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It sucks skiing when it is warm (like 30 degrees or more).

Just watch out for moose. They're breeding like rabbits now and if you hit one you're done.

16. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Why the boom? I recall the reintroduction being successful, but not overwhelmingly so, which i took as a good thing.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If they're like the elk, they've put out here. they're not booming but when then get in a place they stay, which means you see them all the time and that gives the impression they're a shit ton of them

18. limpleg

I believe the route from Denver to steamboat is protected land of some sort. And I agree lyls. Hope all is well. Last I heard you were in myrtle. But I even see the same things with adults regarding communication. People argue thru texts with their spouses, or use Facebook post a to make a statement when they should call or go see the person and figure it out. Life's too short.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hard to say, but they're giving out 250 + moose tags a year, and they're still rapidly growing and expanding. They introduced 90 on an isolated habitat on Grand Mesa in the west of the state back in the early 200's. There are over 300 as of last year up there now already. And I've seen a calf for every other female this year up in the Never Summer Range in the northern part of the state. I think there is just a lot of habitat scattered around that they never naturally got to, so now they are filling it.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

You go through Arapahoe and then Routt National Forests. It isn't protected so much as "reserved for outdoor recreation." A lot of hunting in Arapahoe, but seems sustainable given the proximity of the national park and tag limits.