Millennials: What do you think of us?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I like your falcons.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Who wants to start work at 10:00 and finish at 10:00?

Some valid points, some dumb sh*t as well.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd do 10 to 10.

5. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

The worst thing about this generation are the femenists, they just seem to be looking for a fight rather than equality

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There's a Ray Rice joke in here somewhere

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss." - The Who

Everybody's Free (to Wear Sunscreen)

In other words, people are people, always have been and this article is a bunch of nonsensical drivel.

My two cents.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Agree with Norris. Always have.

You ain't special kid, sorry.

9. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

But my parents said I was......?

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

They were just quoting the school board.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yeah! Except for the fact these kids are going to run this country into the ground.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Did you ride to school on a shorter bus than everyone else?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems like they'll get it in the ground.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They're going to inherent an over spending government that over regulates their chance at success.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think that piece is an exercise in excuse making for a generation of kids that has been raised too entitled for their own good. I see a lot of demands in that list (and a fair amount of smug sanctimony) and not much sacrifice, which is about par for the course for the way this group has been raised. The worst thing that has been done to them is not allowing them to fail and figure out how to pick themselves up off their asses. That's a parenting/authority fault which is now passed along to these kids, resulting in the demanding shit on this list.

Just as an example, here in Nashville, no kid can receive a grade lower than a 50. You can do jack all and still get half credit for any assignment. The thinking is that a zero is too damaging to a kid's grade and they create too large a hole for themselves to dig out. In reality (in my opinion), it's about making sure graduation rates don't slip, which would create for the school bad publicity and cost funding. It's absurd.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It is really just us keeping them down. With all their confidence and clear, unmatched ability, we know they are going to come in and take our jobs by force. So the more rigorous we make the rules, the longer we stay in charge.

I mean, how could a new person entering the labor force not automatically be the best there is, and all for just a paultry six figure entry salary?

17. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

The inability to have face is to face conversations is lost. Communication via text, email, Twitter, websites, etc brings about a generation unable to sit in front of someone and have a discussion. Looking around a restaurant or wherever, it's embarrassing that anyone 12-25 has their head down and in their phone. Probably dogging somebody on Twitter, yet unable to solve an issue in person.
    The fear of the day that technology brings about a generation of idiots is a statement by somebody. Credited to Einstein but not sure it was him.. And I'm not attacking anyone here. Just my opinion on what I see.
    On a side note, change school courses. More finance, $, business, creative, common sense classes for kids vs roboting them in prep for tcap while taking tests on Mesopotamia or the Mayans doesn't benefit our kids, imo. Let them watch Apocolypto and be done with it.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

every generation thinks the next generation is a bunch of self entitled dbags that will ruin the world for us, every new generation thinks they have it harder than every generation. this time the old farts are right and the young people are delusional if they think they have it worse than we did.

19. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Srs question, do students have to roll to class still? Didn't know if technology allows them to not have to get up and walk. Writing a report when I was in school meant going to the library and working bard to gather info. I can't imagine having Google. Would've saved me a lot of angst.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Obviously technology has made getting information easier. But I have to imagine it's made college a lot more of a pain in the ass.