Mizzou Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Here’s a question for those who don’t think Milton was a problem today:

How many points do you think we score if Nico was our QB today?

2. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Not much more if we don’t run the ball any better than we did today.

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

His contract is fully guaranteed until January 2026. There’s a 100% chance he gets to year 6 unless he chooses not to.

warhammer and justingroves like this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do you think a good, accurate QB can help to open the run game?

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The struggles this season are pretty simple.

1. Tim Banks and Willie Martinez.

2. Joe Milton limiting the offense.

3. Our inability to identify and develop talent on the OL.

6. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Our offensive line was still getting whooped.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Nico missed the easiest pass in our offense twice against UConn. I’m optimistic about his future but I don’t think his present would’ve made this game any better.

Tar Volon and SetVol13 like this.
  8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think calling it "back against the wall" next year is a bit of a stretch, but I think it's fair to call this year a missed opportunity to bank some more goodwill. This team could've gone 9-3 and extended the gap on a hated rival. It would've been an overachievement, but it was there for the taking. Do that and look passable today and he is absolutely riding high going into the offseason. Minor step back that everyone expected, then full speed ahead with Nico.

His back isn't against the wall next year, but he has to show that this year was the aberration. Because if we go 8-4 again next year, it sure starts to look like last year was the aberration and 8-4 is what he is. And if that happens, his back may be against the wall going into 2025.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

exactly. Are we not having Nico throw his first pass an hour into the game? Will we run for nothing and have Sampson sitting? Do we only get 4 possessions in the first half, fumble on a drive to take the lead and run option first play 2nd half while giving up 9/11 3rd downs at one point and a 20 play 11 minute drive. Do we have 3 drives stalled with holding. Do we allow 300 yards to 1 rb on 3 plays.

Memtownvol, SetVol13 and Tar Volon like this.
  10. Tar Volon

(1) and (2) should be fixed this offseason. (3) worries me.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is scary as hell.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Memtownvol and reVOLt like this.
  13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

There's a great candidate in Fayetteville

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Did anyone think after playing LSU in Atlanta in 2007 that we'd never win the SEC East again? Pitiful.

Tar Volon likes this.
  15. Tar Volon

if they buzz it before the play but the whistle hasn't blown, they can still blow the whistle. Either that's what happened, or that's what they'll say happened.

The thing that absolutely baffles me is how you can run another 25 seconds off the clock after every penalty. Is that a rule, or a hometown clock operator that nobody noticed?

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t care about the reviewed play. It was a fumble and we didn’t deserve the ball.

VolDad and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And Alabama or UGA is going to win the whole damn thing again and here we sit 25+ years without anything to put on the mantle.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

And the only requirement to initiate the review is that the booth has to buzz the head ref before the snap. The whistle can come after.

We get [uck fay]ed by refs a ton, but not in that instance.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Then there’s no point having the “next play” rule to begin with. They can always just say they hit the button before the play started. And it’s not like they blew it dead right at the snap. The play was well underway when they blew it dead.

I’d like an explanation on the clock as well.

reVOLt likes this.
  20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He has that mandate already and has from the day he took the job.