MLB

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, Aug 13, 2015.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Smoltz is so bad up there. Well-spoken intelligent guy and he uses it to [itch bay] incessantly.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He'd be perfect here

OneForVol and The Dooz like this.
  3. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I like ‘slaughterhouse’ as the new name

4. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I’ll keep doing my part.

5. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

The boss lady's kid called her to say he was going to the World Series. Then called 5 hours later saying how expensive tickets were.

I can honestly say that in 2004 I knew driving to Boston was out of my tax bracket. Did spend $105 for the first NYY game that season though.

I miss being young

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

These shifts are getting rediculous.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

"Get off my shallow RF lawn"

VolDad likes this.
  8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'd be so full of confidence right now if it weren't the city of Atlanta and particularly the Braves.

This team feels different though. Those outfielders AA traded for are cold blooded.

9. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Get inside the ball and slap a base hit the other way. The shift will be irrelevant real quick.

10. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I’ll almost feel guilty if we pull this off because the Braves are the only Atlanta team I support. But then I remember the redzone fumbles of the 2008 Titans in the divisional round, the PK Subban goal negated in game one of the Cup Final because the league capriciously decided to break out electron microscopes to determine offside, every moment of this football program since 2001, the failure of the Grizzlies to win even a division title, etc. I want this and I’ll die happy if we win.

11. chef65

chef65 Contributor

and god bless candace parker

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't love the Braves quite like I do Tennessee. But watching them on TBS and going to games once or twice a year was a big part of my childhood. Been a long time since one of my teams won anything. It would kind of make my year.

chef65 and Savage Orange like this.
  13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This is where I’m at also. I was stoked when Atlanta United won the MLS cup but other than that, I only follow Atlanta sports teams because I live here. Too much heartbreak in being a full-on FAILcons fan for me though. The Vols are enough heartbreak for me.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

IDK...from this I am going to say I'm a little more intense than you. I had a hard time watching the NLCS (even skipped game 4) because I was so nervous about it. World Series has been easier because I feel like we already won something, even if not the big prize.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Nothing would please me more than to see the Braves win the Series in Atlanta. Rob Manfred being introduced to thunderous BOOOOO's would be music to my ears.....

... Which means it will not happen.

16. Savage Orange

After all the early exits and “almosts” from the Braves, not to mention that epic collapse against the Patriots, I am fully convinced Atlanta sports teams are cursed. Of course, I’m frequently wrong about stuff too, so there’s that.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What goes through a pitchers mind. Spotted 4 runs a gets cute; pitches outside the strike zone, nibbles, walks batters, gives up runs and allows the other team back into the game.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Disgusting. I'm sick. It will definitely all go up in flames.

19. Savage Orange

Cursed, I’m tellin’ ya!!

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You've watched the Braves how long, how do you not expect this?

VolDad and Savage Orange like this.