POLITICS Mueller Investigation Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Apr 18, 2018.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

There is no Conspiracy<Collusion> statute. You cannot be indicted for something that does not exist.

A warrant to Gates was served by the FBI in conjunction with investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. A grand jury issued indictments as a result of that investigation. The genesis of the all charges, findings and pleas is that investigation.

As has been demonstrated by the US legal system, all crimes found as a result of this investigation were indictable. All crimes. Against all people. Whether it was witness tampering, violation of campaign finance, or conspiracy in violation of another US statute. Except against one person.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think if you would investigate me, you'd find something to indite me on. Not sure what, but there'd be something

GahLee and justingroves like this.
  3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I cannot believe anyone actually thought that this was going to end up any other way than it did... my ever-growing cynicism about the US government has only been enhanced and deepened by this charade.

kmf600 likes this.
  4. fl0at_

Then don't get investigated. But if you do get investigated and there is something you can be indicted on, you should.

And if it is a stupid thing, then the legal system needs to be fixed.

But just shrugging and going "aw shucks" doesn't fix that.

Volst53 likes this.
  5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

As part of the investigation into Russian collusion, Muller's team found unrelated issues. Indictments were made for unrelated issues. No one was indicted for communicating, game planning, and/or sharing data with the Russians. Which was the entire basis for the investigation. To me, the lack of overall indictments as well as what the indictments were for is damning to the whole investigation. If you take away the foreign actors there were what 7 indictments to Americans? Outside Manafort people did no more than a couple of months in prison. Again if there was enough to indict Trump for these things, I think a lot more unprotected higher up people would have been indicted for things other than misstatements and not registering as foreign agents (which apparently a lot of people do retroactively which seems wrong) as they would have been just as directly involved in any improprieties if not more so than Trump himself.

6. fl0at_

Except that his fixer was indicted for campaign finance issues related to a check signed by Trump.

I don't see the difference between "oh it's just a little felony, couple years" and "felony."

7. fl0at_

Let me be clear. I'm not saying he needs to be indicted while in office. It can be on his damn death bed for all I care.

But there is enough evidence to suggest he should be indicted, based on indictments against Cohen.

And they may not have stemmed from Mueller's probe, but that doesn't matter.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm commenting to the fact that this started because "we've got to investigate Trump because his campaign worked with the Russians to the steal the election" and the end result is 7 Americans are charged 5 of which spent a few days to a couple of months in prison. And all 7 were charged with crimes in no way related to teaming up with the Russians to steal the election. Sure Muller charged 15 or so Russians intel officers for meddling in the election, but I assume every major country is doing that (All of NATO, China, Iran, Korea, shithole Korea, Japan, Mexico, etc). The end result is the best we have on Trump is him not reporting an NDA payment made while campaigning which may or may not be illegal.

9. fl0at_

No, there is more than that, but that would be the start, against a non-special class citizen.

Why does the genesis of the investigation matter? I doubt you'd say that an investigation into murder can't charge someone with arson for burning down the house the person was in, right?

So is it just that it was a railroad, and regardless of what was found, railroading is worse?