Muschamp Fired. Will coach final 2 games.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by govols182, Nov 16, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Shut. The. ****. Up.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The two that failed had no previous head coaching experience. He won't go the coordinater route this time.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Not a lot of great candidates around.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I would think Rich Rod is most likely. I'd probably look at Dana Holgorsen too if I'm Foley.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

The obvious choice is Mullen. Am I crazy here?

And who gives a damn if Mullen doesn't care for Foley. Would he really pass on the Florida job and stay in Starkville simply out of his dislike for the AD? This is business. Put the personal differences aside. Mullen gets a top 5 job, Foley gets arguably the hottest head coach in America. It's a no-brainer.

This Gundy talk is asinine.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't think Mullen is clearly better than Rich Rod. Agreed the Gundy talk is crazy.

7. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Holgorsen in Gainesville would make for a reality show unlike any that has ever been aired...and I'd watch every single episode.

If Dana likes drankin' and chassin' *****, he'd have a helluva time in Florida.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I don't either, but think the general perception is that Mullen would be the bigger hire.

9. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

I don't think you're crazy at all, I think Mullen would be formidable at UF.

That being said, you're right, this is business...how would preexisting turmoil between an employee and employer be conducive to productivity? Not saying it couldn't or wouldn't work but, having a healthy relationship with my superiors is important.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I've always thought he would do well there.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pretty sure Zook wasn't option 1 through 4 either. No one wanted to be the guy after Spurrier.

Would be surprised if mullen. Just think he's content where he is.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hire might not pan out, but they aren't dropping to fifth or sixth choice like we have the last couple of times.

13. NorrisAlan

I don't know. It just seems infinitely harder these days to hire a coach. Nothing stays private and with 247 media, twitter, message boards and Facebook, things appear to be impossible toto make work.

And everyone wants to make that mega-hire a la nick saban.

14. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

except UT

15. NorrisAlan

That goes without saying.

16. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Rich Rod or Kiffin.

17. NorrisAlan

Why would anyone hire Kiffin to be their HC? I just don't think the guy is HC material. He makes a great OC, where he is not required to be the CEO of the program.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  18. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I wish Tennessee would

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

that's just the beginning of it

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

and everybody talks about everybody wanting to make the home run hire. how many times has it happened?