#myNYPD Backfires...(and we talk a lot about dogs)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Apr 22, 2014.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oops.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Alright, the dog one strikes a real chord with me. I don't know much about restraining people so for all I know yanking on a woman's hair while she is hand-cuffed might have a purpose (ya, right).

But the way the officer is restraining that dog is all wrong, and inviting danger both to him and the dog. He clearly isn't trained for that.

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

A CT State Trooper likely would've shot the dog.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Always amazes me that a dog is a threat to a police officer, but just a nuisance to a postal worker.

7. Joseph Brant

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The mail man will pepper spray the hell out of a dog.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not a dog fan. Nearly getting mauled to death at 3 years-old by a St. Bernard will do that to you. They had to beat that thing off of me with a coal shovel. Needless to say, Cujo was especially disturbing to me.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I love dogs, but I hate Chows. That's the only dog that's ever bitten me.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Chows and sharpeis are the worst in my personal experience. I'd put dalmatians up there. And ****ing wolf hybrids are not pet material no matter who you are.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Beyond that, little tiny dogs bite the most often.

13. Joseph Brant

There was 4-5 wolf dogs killing shit all over eastern CT last month, I assume they were found and killed without much hubbub.

The "Natives" on the reservation seem to think they're capable of responsibly owning wild animals.

14. Joseph Brant

Probably because they're more inclined to feel threatened, and people don't give use the same berth they'll give a bigger dog who is acting possibly aggressive/defensive

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The meanest dog I've ever owned was a jack russell. He had to be put down.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

We have a corgi. He is very lovable and affectionate, but we have had to slowly break him of his biting habit. Luckily its playful and a matter of him just biting a bit too hard sometimes. Now if we can just get the little bastard to shutup he will be nearly perfect.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Damn dalmatians. That's the only dog that's ever bitten me

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Just once.

My wife owned a couple dogs when we got married and one made the mistake of biting me when I got into the bed one nite.

He landed in the Christmas tree seconds latter and never set foot in the bedroom again. When he hit that Christmas tree it looked like a 70's dance club on Saturday nite.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I got a female. She's aggressive but not really mean.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've had a Dalmatian. It was quite possibly the stupidest dog I've ever been around, but it was not aggressive. I wouldn't own another.