#myNYPD Backfires...(and we talk a lot about dogs)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Apr 22, 2014.

1. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

To all owners of beagles, this is hilarious ... and accurate.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Your point being?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Don't come to your home unannounced

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Good work Card.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

My beagle turns into MacGyver when there is food unsealed and no one is home.

6. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Mine recently hijacked an 8lb bag of potatoes. Took one bite out of each one, guess he couldn't find one to his liking. Too funny & frustrating to get mad about.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I yell and put her in my bedroom as a "timeout," but I know she finds any exchange of food and punishment to be worth it.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The Beagle is nothing but a goat.

9. Joseph Brant

Yep, when stealing a donut is considered to be well worth the spanking, then it's not worth doing anything but shrugging. If the setter steals something its a dead giveaway because she slinks around full of visible guilt. The beagle couldn't care less, he got food.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My lab ate an entire tube of cookie dough

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Same. Had one jump up and grab me by the throat when I was about 8. Hated them ever since, they're stubborn bread.

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Got a Boston Terrier. He's great, dude just chills all day long, hardly ever makes a sound and does what he's told. Probably the only breed I'll have going forward unless I go back to have a massive lot for a bigger dog to run around. Then i would probably go back to owning a Pit.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Does he bahk much?

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's been said that beagles listen to their nose first, and their master second. In my experience that's completely true.

15. Joseph Brant

I picture their thought process being akin to a Looney Tunes short

16. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

The wife just texted me ... Beagle's name is Ethel (for reference). "Just gave Ethel a bath and cleaned her bed. If she gets in that shit again, I'm burying her in the woods. If you let her outside of the fence before Monday, I'm burying you with her."

17. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

my last dog was brittany spaniel "house dog" that i had inherited from my brother during a move. had him for about 3 years until we had a child and had to find him a new home. fortunately, i had a friend that had recently bought one himself and his 5 kids wanted another one. smartest, best tempered dog i have ever known. it still bothers me that we had to find him a new home. i'm resigned to fact that i will never own another dog as good as he was.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

We have a Brittany. His name is Bill. God, how we do love that dog.