#myNYPD Backfires...(and we talk a lot about dogs)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Apr 22, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've got one now that's fine. That one was just a psychopath.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've always had labs. I've never saw a bad one

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Growing up I had a part Chow/part Lab. Dog was perfect. Friendly and lovable if he knew you but would tear you to shreds if he felt threatened. Currently have a part Chow/part Akita. Other than getting a tad bit ornery in his old age, he's still a great dog with zero issues unless you bother him while eating. Great blue-collar dog.

Most aggressive dog I've ever owned was a soft-coated Wheaten.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Also, how many of these twitter things have to go horribly wrong before people stop doing them?

5. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I have a beagle and blue heeler. I'll not own another dog except for a blue heeler. She's absolutely the best dog I've ever been around and smarter than most humans.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

We had a yellow one. Bat shit crazy and ended up running away. Turns out the entire rest of the litter and mom ran away from their respective homes.

We have a Bernese Mountain Dog now. Most amazing dog ever.

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Those dogs are beautiful but it's too damn hot in Alabama for a mountain dog.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's kind of funny.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Heelers are great dogs if you break them while they're young

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Hahahahahaha on #myNYPD.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Anyone have any experience with a mastiff or a wolfhound? I've always wanted one of each. I don't care for little yippy dogs.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

They have issues with deafness and going blind if I remember correctly. Causes them to snap and be ornery like Tenny after a premature pop.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I've had multiple black labs. After Shadow died a few years ago I've not gotten the guts to replace her yet. Best dog I've ever met.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've had a bull mastiff/great dane mix. He weighed around 160 lbs. He was an awesome dog.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've had 2 chocolates, 2 yellows and I've got a black one now.

16. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

My beagle is an absolutely horrible dog, but I can't help but love the dude, always good for a laugh

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Great dogs, but won't live too long. Top out at 10 or 12 years often.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Justin, labs are great dogs. I was bit by a lab once, but I was trimming his nails and quicked him when my face was right over his. He got my whole nose in his snap but only broke the skin at the base. I was shocked, and it appeared he was too as he had a very regretful sort of look like he thought I was going to beat the hell out of him. I scolded him and smacked his nose like it was a minor thing, and neither of us told his owner about it. Though I did have a nasty bleeding gash on each side of my nose that took a good week to go away.

I don't necessarily fault the dog though, I had my face in the wrong place and I did quick him. Plus, that is the only non-positive experience I've ever had with a lab.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I have a German short hair/ black lab mix. He's a really good dog, and fast as hell.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I was fishing on a family friends land with my lab Shadow. A pit bull that was tied to a tree on an adjacent property broke the chain and was coming at me at what appeared to be roughly 715 mph. Shadow proceeded to run interference and looked like Mike Singletary on crack while growling and hunkered down. The pit stops dead in it's tracks and drug chain and all slowly back home.

Shadow was just a little over one. That moment forward it was a special bond.