NBA Semifinals

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, May 28, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The huge difference to me is that Parker can score; the Heat can stand 15 feet off Rondo and he can't hit a wide open jumper.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't think the Celts have remotely the same advantage. Rondo's inability to shoot it at all is a huge hindrance to the Celts. Lack of any credible post game also just kills them. They now have a team of jumpshooters and nothing else.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

jmoore just shat a brick.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

if you surprise jmoore to the point of inability to speak, you've helped the world and you're likely right.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Celts can't stop the Heat. OKC relies to heavily on the jump shot to win 4 of 6 against the Spurs.

I believe Spurs just too well-rounded and efficient...better in the paint, better at point, better bench. Heat would need 65 per night from Bron and Wade to have a chance. Bosh's return would help some.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Russel Westbrook kills the Thunder's chances at winning a title, imo.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I haven't watched enough of the west, outside of the two LA teams, to really judge, I guess. My uneducated feeling, though, is that Durant and James wash out and Wade is better than anybody else in OKC and that the Spurs, much like the Celtics, are very good and old and tired.

I will add that I thought the Mavs would be overmatched last year, so what the hell do I know.

Better at point, better at post. That's all I was really comparing.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I don't know if the Celtics can beat the Heat, but I sure as hell hope they do.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i can't see it either.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I dislike Boston and would prefer the Heat win this series, and then lose in the Championship.

11. TennTradition

Of course you dislike Boston. Because you're an ass. And because jmoore stole your girlfriend.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I like Boston OK. I've always liked KG, and I like reminding Cat fans that Rondo was the most hated man in the Commonwealth during his last year at UK.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I have historically been a Boston fan, but KG has ruined that for me. The guy's a bigger ass than IP.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

bill simmons made me hate all boston teams.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Goes back to hockey for me. Bruins fans are such asses. They got mad when Canadiens fans started singing while up 2 goals in the third period of a playoff game AT HOME.

16. TennTradition

Boston hockey fans got butthurt after losing a playoff game?!? You're right - we should all hate Boston's teams.

While I am giving you shit over this, I will readily admit that I have an irrational hatred for the Patriots...because of their fans. I've never been told that Peyton Manning sucked and would never be a decent QB for Indy so many times in my life as when I first moved to Boston. [uck fay] a bunch of that. I'm not saying he's god - but the dude can play QB...his ability to do so doesn't somehow mean Brady can't.

17. TennTradition

He says what he wants and comes off as an ass for it, but I like that team. I'll hate when they're not playing together anymore.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Started with the Red Sox in 04 for me. I got sick and tired of seeing everybody and their mother wearing a Sox baseball cap in and around Nashville and Knoxville. It intensified with the Patriots vs. Peyton.

Oddly enough, after being a Lakers "fan" as a kid through age 25 or so, I like the Celtics a lot more now than I once did. The pure irony of that is that it was the Celtics that initially made me a Lakers fan.

19. TennTradition

I didn't mind the Sox stuff going on that winter and spring because I knew I was moving there. I've always hated the Yankees, so the Red Sox had a special place in my heart because no fan base, save the Mets, hated them more...and I already had a NL team in the Braves.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]