NBA Semifinals

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, May 28, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And now they are up 2-0 on the Thunder.

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

They held serve at home. You must have no concept of how the playoffs work. But, that's not surprising considering you're a complete [uck fay]tard.

3. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I didn't watch much more than the 4th, but they just need to be more consistent. Westbrook absolutely dominated the Lakers; what kills them is youth. Westbrook and Ibaka could both be great defenders if they knew what they were doing, and Harden should disappear less often in the future as well. Maybe Westbrook will just never have the necessary instincts to lead them to a title, but I'm not writing them off just because they've run into a better-coached buzzsaw right now. They still look like the team to beat in the West for years to come.

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I bet they steal one in OKC. They're just way, way more disciplined than the Thunder right now.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

No question about that. They're vastly, vastly better coached. The Thunder will jump out on them in this next one, but if the Spurs can get it close in the 4th, I think they'll absolutely pull one of the games in OKC out.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

With a coach, Westbroook isn't shooting the ball 25 times a game playing point guard. That's the problem. Kid has all the talent in the world.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Westbrook should never play the point. He is too selfish of a player to be the floor general

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol I think that they're going to win two* in OKC, so I'm a complete [uck fay]tard. Solid argument.

EDIT: i butchered this. It's late and i was sidetracked trying to finish my dynasty game. My bad.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

hold up. That wasn't dominating?

At no point in that game did it appear the Thunder had a chance to win, even when they cut it to 6.

You can talk about the Spurs' postseason opponents, but the bottom line is that they're the deepest team in the playoffs and have more offensive options than anyone else even dreams of. Their defense is more than respectable. There isn't another team with as many angles covered as the Spurs have covered.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

kid has physical ability and very limited mental ability. There are some things that can't be coached out.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't think they have the best roster by a long shot. They do have the best coach, and they play very unselfishly.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

when they draft guys and get free agents they seem to get that it's a team sport, not the best selection of individual players.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

whose first 10 are better?

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No one. Leonard has surprised me this year

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and it's not just that the depth is strong. The starting five is respectable at worst and the next group is the best in the league. That's a big advantage over the course of seven games, especially after a compressed season and long playoffs.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

In the Spurs system? There isn't a better 10 that fits the way they play that well. I just don't see guys like Bonner, George Hill, Boris Diaw, etc. kicking ass anywhere else. Diaw was left for dead, and, under Pop, he's playing really good ball. I think it's more a reflection of them finding the perfect compliment of players for the way they play. On pure talent, I'm sure there are more talented first tens.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Blown opportunity. rondo went off

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

who?

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

You agree that Parker, Ginobli, and Duncan are the only guys who are "elitely" talented, yes? The rest of the guys aren't necessarily that talented. They just play their roles well. To be fair, if having manboobs was a talent, then Boris Diaw would be talented off the charts.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Is playing your role well not the quintessential definition of what the 4-10 guys are supposed to do in the NBA? Do that as a collective group better than anyone else and that is the recipe the best 1-10 in the league IMO.