NCAA Tournament - Tennessee Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Where were you when Lincoln was shot?

CardinalVol likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pretty soon you'll be sharing stories of child trafficking rings out of food trucks.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't know what s lot of this means, but I'm pretty sure I disagree with all if it, except for the Serbia stuff which I don't care enough about to disagree with.

I see grant as an NBA body who can score and get rebounds. He may never star but will eat minutes for somebody for a long time.

I see bone as a quick handle that may havea hard time breaking in and staying in a league that is full if guys bigger, stronger, and better at scoring and defending than he is.

4. CardinalVol

I learned something new today.

Poppa T likes this.
  5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I think 1st grade? But don't hold me to that. Grade assignment was always confusing in one room schools.

A-Smith and Tenacious D like this.
  6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

You might be right about Bone. I think he's still growing into his game, so we'll see where he ends up. I think Grant is too short to be a pure inside scorer in the NBA, and he doesn't have the range to be a guy who can score inside and outside. If he develops three-point range, like Admiral has, I think he'll carve out a good, long career. And I think he can do that. But he's not there right now.

7. cotton

Why do you think he keeps ending up in these mock drafts?

8. Tenacious D

Racism.

In before Un.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He was the second shooter in the theater.

10. Tenacious D

Well, shit.

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That was my 2ND cousin. No worries, I get that alot.

12. Tar Volon

People think he has the ability to develop a longer-range shot. The college accolades help too.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm a little concerned at these SEC teams having tight games against the lower competition.

15. CardinalVol

Really stupid play here by both teams.

16. cotton

I don't think that's the reason at all. He's a back to the basket 4 who has developed a drive from the FT line. My guess is the scouts project him as a back to the basket 4 who can drive. He's strong, knows how to use his ass, is deceptively quick and can score. He rebounds and can guard a post despite being undertall.

That's what I see, anyway, and what I think NBA probably sees. If you want an out on the floor shooter, you should probably draft an out on the floor shooter.

17. Tar Volon

Both of those were trendy upset picks for a reason. I'm not too worried. LSU has been playing close games with damn near everybody all season (seriously, 12 of their 19 SEC games were decided by two possessions or less, with them going 9-3 in those games) and Auburn was up 7 with under a minute to go (against a pretty solid 12-seed) before they started doing stupid stuff.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

When people on here think of Jordan Bone as a player, I think they picture 27, 3, 3, and 2 at home against UK. They picture 18, 5 and 10 @A&M, or 19 5 and 9 @USCjr.

They don't picture 5, 4, and 6 at home against Miss St. or 11, 3, and 2 in the SEC championship game against Auburn.

What I mean by that is Bone has shown flashes of being a guy who can be successful at the next level, but I don't think he has done it consistently enough to really be a lock as an NBA point guard. He's shown he can score the rock, and he as also shown that he can be a very serviceable distributor of the basketball.

If he comes back next year and shows he can do both of those things consistently throughout the season, I think he will have a very good chance of getting drafted after his senior year. He may also be looked to as more of a scoring option next year with Admiral leaving, which gives him a bigger opportunity to increase his stock.

19. Tar Volon

I wasn't able to watch either MSU game and only caught like ten minutes of the Auburn game, so definitely guilty as charged on that one. I feel like Bone was streaky last year and was not very good early this season but really came into his own around the time SEC play started, but he's still not a consistent force in every single game. That's why I think he needs to come back to school, even if he is an NBA prospect.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Michigan State currently tied with Bradley. Florida State pulling away late from Vermont. It seems like everyone is having to fight for their victories.

A lot of people claimed New Mexico State had a very good chance to upset Auburn, even with Auburn's hot streak. I don't think they're all that inferior.