NCAA Tournament - Tennessee Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Mar 17, 2019.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No no no no no, quit picking us to win. Call us overrated and getting beat early.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think we get bounced in the round of 32.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m not mad about potentially facing Virginia. In a way, I feel like they’re a slightly better mirror image of us—a fantastic basketball team that’s fighting the mental hurdle of their March history. Rather not play one of those “knows how to win deep in the tournament” teams until later

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’d rather play UVA than any of the other 1’s.

5. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

The evening. I saw him ranting about not including the little guys.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yesterday during the UK game I think he had about 14 1 seeds

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That didn't seem like what he and Davis were arguing about. Seemed the other way around but I was in the midst of cooking dinner

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd be really surprised if he were arguing Texas should be in, given what he was saying the past week. He specifically said Texas has no business in the tournament yesterday.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Like he remembers what he said yesterday

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I know... In fact, have them all tweet @admiral and tell him Tennessee suck and so does he...

11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I saw something on twitter yesterday... my have been a funny satire, but then again, it may have been true...

It said TN is undefeated when Fulkerson throws one down this year..lol

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Interesting Stat that is not in favor of Tennessee going the distance..

Since 2002, when the KenPom rankings started, only 1 team has won a Natty that did not finish the year in the Top 20 for both O & D efficiency. Tennessee is 3rd in Offense, but 34th in Defense.

Potential matchup Purdue virtually has identical O & D rankings.

Cincy is slightly better on D, but far worse offensively. Iowa is 15th in offense, but horrible defensively. Villanova is 16 in O and 73rd in Defense. St. Marys is 23rd and 55th. UVA is 2nd in O and 5th defensively, which is tops in the country combined.

13. CardinalVol

Could have been worse......

Co-worker's husband and son went and bought fake tickets.

GoVols2003 likes this.
  14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That sucks.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ve always maintained that if I ever got into counterfeiting money, I’d only use it to scalp tickets on the street.

Tenacious D likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

That's pretty genius.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Things to feel good about going into Thursday:

Over the last 3 games, Bowden is 10-19 from the field and 6-9 from 3 point range.

Yesterday was Lamonte’s best game statistically since we played WVU on January 26th.

I trust that guys like Admiral and Grant are going to bounce back and do their thing when the time comes. Bowden and Turner concerned me, but they seem to be finding their form at the perfect time of the year.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm actually more concerned about the 2nd round game than I would be the potential Sweet 16 game. Cincy will be tough.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’m concerned that the book on us is out.

Pressure the ball + deny entry to Grant + make anyone but him beat you = beat Tennessee, and probably handily.

We have one NBA level guy in Bone, two guys who are playing astronomically above their heads (Grant and Admiral) and a bunch of streaky 3-star role players.

Sweet 16 is their top-top ceiling, barring a bunch of upsets like last season. If they get into the Elite 8 or above, they’re going to get embarrassed.

I’d probably favor Cincy in their second round game.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Cincy doesn't worry me much.