NCAA Tournament - Tennessee Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Mar 17, 2019.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Probably, but they do have a potential second round game against a team they’ve already lost to this year, though.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How do we match up with Cincy? Their record looks good. Lot of people saying they should have been a better seed.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Houston can absolutely beat them.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

How many favors will the committee do KU? A four seed and they would get to play the regional in Kansas City?

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont know if they played a top 25 team this year or not.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Didn’t they just beat Houston today?

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I didnt see the score of the champ game. Dont think they beat one in reg season.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If there's anything UT does well, it's defend the three.

rockyhillbarner likes this.
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Vitale is an idiot. He just went on a nonsensical rant about the at large teams like Texas getting left out. They were 16-16

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Tennessee and UNC atvthat site should keep the Cincy numbers at bay... assuming Cuncy beats Iowa

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's the exact opposite of the argument he was making this morning about mediocre majors getting in over mid-majors with "excellence" being a travesty.

TennTradition and chavisut like this.
  12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

[QUOTE
    Yup. He seemed adamant teams like Belmont and Lipscomb deserved to be in over mediocre P5 schools.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I've never had much sympathy for teams claiming to be the 68th best team rather than the 69th or 70th, anyway.

lylsmorr likes this.
  14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I hate our draw.

See what I’m doing here?

VolDad, IP and utvol0427 like this.
  15. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

It’s also the exact opposite of what he said then. I was watching around then.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This morning or right after the show?

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nova does scare me. They could score 120 on us.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Where's all this Purdue love coming from on the networks? They are awful on defense.

19. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

The 5 talking heads at ESPN just revealed their picks... all 5 had TN in Elite 8.. 3 (Vitale, Jay Williams, and one other) had us in the Final 4. Vitale had us losing to Duke in the Ship. Williams had UK beating us and Duke.

Additionally, Katz and Steven Smith (Michigan State) had TN in final 4 and Smith had Michigan State over TN in ship.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Side note - y'all google and listen to the NC Central coach's interviews over the radio this weekend. This guy is awesome.