Ncaa13

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Mar 11, 2012.

1. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

OL awareness has been shit in my game so far. As in, DL runs around 3 players and they don't engage at all.

Also, [uck fay] you EA for changing the LB button receiver to the RB button now.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

They like to mix it up like that every 2 editions. IDK why? You're the only person to complain about OL blocking so far. Everything I've read has been positive.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If you have slow internet, you better be prepared to wait a while for this download. I have pretty fast comcast internet and it's only at 50% and I'm 18 minutes in. The amount of traffic is causing their servers to lag.

4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Played around with the demo about an hour ago. Most of the mechanics animations are the same as the last few years, but the gameplay is alot more fluid.

As far as the studio updates go, they're nice , but I can already see the novelty wearing off after a game or so. It doesn't help that Rece Davis's commentary is wonky and doesn't flow well whatsoever ("The Texas Longhorns *pause* have just beaten *long pause* the Texas Tech Red Raiders"). Still a nice attempt by EA, though, even though they are no 2k when it comes to things like that.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  5. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

They added a different shadow effect to the on field player names, and the camera tilts so you can see the whole field when you hit LT pre-play.

DB animations looked pretty legit.

Game cut ins got annoying in the demo.

Like duck said, game felt smooth, but I can see myself flying past people when lag is included.

6. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Also, EA wasting time developing their version of "bullet time" is just [uck fay]ing stupid.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol, you guys are missing the most monumental difference. Notice the zone assignments when the ball is on the hash line. No more stupid zone assignments that leave huge gaps in the field! Now, the zones are the same no matter where the ball is snapped.

I can already see the trends that will come in offense and defense. This will be a LOT like NCAA '11 post 3rd patch.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, and PA plays actually have a chance now. Running seems over powered, but it usually is in the demos.

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol, Indy has the best of the 2nd tier teams. Go [uck fay]ing figure.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

WTF, Clemson and Wisconsin.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Notre Dame still a 6 star?

13. WM

WM Active Member

Yeah, I enjoyed playing on the defensive side of the ball. Coverage assignments have definitely improved for the moment.

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

LSU offense rated too high while their defense is too low it should be a 99 while the offense a 92. They were generous with UTs rating.

15. WM

WM Active Member

Lol, SMU has a higher ranked d than Florida. That's brutal.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ridiculous pac 12 love.

17. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Yeah wtf floridas D will be the best in the east this year... It's certainly better than their offense..

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

USC D a 99 orly?

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

UGA will have the best D in the east this year FWIW bass.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Not in real life.