Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"We MuST SubVErT ExpECtaTioNS!"

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, it wasn’t great but wasn’t bad. I lost interest pretty quickly after realizing they’re going to release one episode per week. I had read multiple articles that suggested at least the first 2 episodes were out.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t understand why these companies refuse to do actual remakes. The final fantasy 7 remake was one where I felt that if they had done the exact same game, but with voice acting, better graphics, and more realistic cut scenes, it would have been amazing. But they did something completely different, and while it wasn’t terrible, it took what was considered one of the best games of all time and remade it into a game that probably wasn’t even top 10 of the year.

And now Halo. Following the storylines from the games would be cool. The narrative is good enough to drive a series. Why not?

The Witcher was one that I felt actually did a good job of not remaking the video game but tied in with it very well.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The Last Kingdom was fun. Really dumb and predictable at times, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't care about award shows, but Will Smith smacking the shit out of Chris Rock was... interesting...

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was okay. Poor man's Vikings.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah Vikings better. Too many battles in LK stopped by showing up and telling people to chill out, but still worth the watch

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Will give Vikings a try, now that I know Halo is a weekly release.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Moon Knight did not disappoint

Volsdude likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

After a pretty good episode 1, my god was episode 2 of Halo boring.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I get looped into some shows because my wife and I watch stuff from bed before we sleep. The most recent is Inventing Anna with Julie Garner from Ozark as a fake German heiress who scammed a ritzy New York lifestyle by pretending she was due an inheritance at age 25 or whatever. You can skip it.

I don't think I've ever been so off put by a show and its insistence on promoting such detestable people in a positive light, almost heroic, while vilifying the actual victim. Turns out the show's main advisors are the two most noxious characters, the reporter and the best moocher friend. I can't remember watching a show and being so annoyed at the promotion of such morally empty people. Then, the victim, the one who was scammed for over $60,000 becomes the villain at the end because she sold her story to pay for the debt (I also looked up the timeline. The show misrepresents a few key items on when this occurred).

In the end, I couldn't decide who I hated more, the reporter who ignored her newborn baby to chase this fixation she had of the con woman or the best friend who talked with this annoyed sarcastic inflection while following the con woman like a puppy (And hated the main victim, which makes the vilification of that woman understandable). But, anyway, I hated everyone on this shit show and you all can happily avoid it, if you even had a fleeting interest.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I didn’t hate it, seems like it advanced some things. Every series has those

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

mentioned prior but I enjoyed:
    Gangs of London, Vikings, Hit & Run, Fauda (same folk as Hit/Run, Israeli/Palestine plots). Who Killed Sara was so cheesy we kept watching it, but I did find a couple of musicians on the show I've put on spotify,

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Main character's attempt at a Russian (at least I think that is what she was going for) accent is atrocious. My wife watched it too, but I couldn't make it through 2 episodes with that garbage voice.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I watched it. It was okay.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Started Vikings. Enjoying it so far.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Chris Moltisanti really sucks

18. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I forgot I watched this, but yes, it's amazing to me that anybody glorifies that narcistic sack of shit. The story is semi-interesting, but [uck fay] her. That's legitimately evil shit.

VolDad likes this.
  19. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Christopha!

Are you watching for the first time or rewatching?

20. JohnnyQuickkick

First time

Volsdude likes this.