Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Vice Principals is great too

Tenacious D, zehr27, IP and 3 others like this.
  2. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Righteous Gemstones got weird after the first season for me. Like only a few funny moments an episode with mostly cringey stuff between. Vice principles was too funny.

InVolNerable and IP like this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Finally finished The Sopranos. I knew about the ending, don’t know how you couldn’t. Season 6 is wild.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

HBO Max:

IP likes this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

Secret Invasion has been ok. This is one occasion though I think a whole series binge would suit it better

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just finished season 2 of The Bear. Not bad. Different.

7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I enjoyed it. I agree.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Take care of Maya on Netflix is absolutely maddening. Unbelievable that shit like that happens.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Dunno if any of you watched Heels season 1 on Starz, but season 2 starts in a couple weeks.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

This story blows me away because she was so clearly not a child, like plain as day.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

I like the Asokha trailer and I think it’s gonna be fun but the Sabine actress isn’t nearly hot enough jmo

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Once she cuts her hair it gets better. The long hair was not all that good.

13. Ssmiff

Latest Righteous Gemstones episode was pretty good. Uncle Baby Billy and Keiff continue to be my favorites

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
  14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Keiff is one of my favorite comedy characters ever

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  15. Ssmiff

he really is. Haven’t seen another character similar. Laugh everytime he shows up.
    “It wasn’t the beef that made them sick. it was the pouuultree.” Was straight out from Danny McBride East Bound and Down at the 8th grade dance as he explained to the principle why he puked..”it wasn’t the X, it was the egg rolls.”

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

BJ's fight a few episodes ago had me in tears

Ssmiff likes this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Same. When the guy woke up after he hit him the first time and started beating his ass I was rolling. The look on his face was priceless.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The chair he made him and how it presented it was hilarious

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

shut up and take my money.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Witcher has just continuously gone downhill since Season 1.

The writing is terrible. The characters literally just say how they feel or what they think, rather than letting actions show intentions/positions. A lot of the character depth from the source material is barely tapped into.

The pacing is all over the place. One 3 hour dinner takes up an entire episode, then they cram Ciri's entire journey through the desert into a single episode. Oh, and Geralt's entire recovery from the brink of death? One episode.

And then of course, there's the overabundance of social issue content. Thing is, the source material (books and games) have plenty of that stuff in them already. It's just more subtle, cleverly written, and impacts the actual characters/plot, whereas the show just kind of shoves it down your throat for no reason. So this is also a writing issue, but it comes out as part of the "woke" discussion that everyone is tired of but can't seem to get away from.