Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Been catching Special Ops Lioness on paramount. Not bad. Some good actors. Nicole Kidman in it though and she made her lips and mouth look ridiculous.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Caught episode 2 last night. I like it so far. A tad bit hesitant over where this discovery could lead to in the SWU as a whole (from overdoing it), but it just feels like Star Wars to me.

Also - CHOPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Everyone loves C1-10P

The only issue I have with the show so far is that there is the character development that was done off stage (the whole Ahsoka-Sabine thing). And I hate that. Show us why Ahsoka took her on as an apprentice in the first place, and then show us why they broke up. Don't just tell us about it. I hate that shit. And Disney leans on that a LOT.

4. CardinalVol

You have to buy the books and comics to learn that story though. :)

5. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

See that doesn’t bother me

7. CardinalVol

Enjoyed episode 3. Enjoyed the opening scenes. Ready to learn more about baylan skrol though.

8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

So, I am still waiting for someone to generously give me the books/comics cliff notes re: the Asoka/Sabine backstory if it is not available elsewhere on video, i.e. cartoons, movies, shows.

If it is on accessable video, point me to it.

9. CardinalVol

Episode 4 is a 100/10. Wow.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

idk if there’s comics and books that expound on it but Rebels ended with them going off to look for Ezra and apparently they just had a falling out at some point

Last edited: Sep 6, 2023
  11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Thanks.

JohnnyQuickkick likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

Baylan is one bad mother[uck fay]er and it saddens me that no matter what happens in this series, with the death of Ray Stevenson, we cannot see more of him.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

I would like to learn a little more about what makes him tick. He doesn’t seem evil for the sake of being evil on tv.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

My guess is he wants order and/or he doesn't trust the senators at all to do what is best/right.

15. NorrisAlan

He isn't your typical "ME BAD ME KILL" bad guy. He has something in mind, a plan that only he knows about and is essentially using Thrawn as a pawn in his game. "I won't start a war, but Thrawn will" and all for the "greater good". What his ultimate motives are, I don't know, but I don't think it is personal power, but he is acting out of fear and cynicism. Something has him spooked and he doesn't think the Republic can handle what has him spooked.

16. CardinalVol

Maybe he knows there is a separate fraction that will lead to first order, snoke, etc and he is fully aware that palpatine is “alive”.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Can we just make Episodes 7-9 no longer cannon. 3 movies that somehow advanced a story backwards...

18. CardinalVol

I mean....there were discussions of retconning them at one point.

19. NorrisAlan

World Between Worlds, maybe....

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

For all I care, Pamela Ewing can wake up from another dream.

NorrisAlan likes this.