New AD- John Currie.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I rushed that post-Florida field in '98, and the 82nd Airborne couldn't have prevented it.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I read an article yesterday where Currie was asked recently why Weber is the right coach for KState. His response had nothing to do with his coaching or recruiting abilities, but rather his character and the work he does with charities. It struck me as a very Butch-esque answer.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's more a Mike Hamilton answer

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Thank God I couldn't care less any more...

6. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

It's so disappointing watching our fans on TOS's make excuses for this hire just like they did with Dooley and Lyle. Not surprising tho.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That guy looks familiar.

8. JayVols

Those fans, and UT while I'm at it, can pound sand up their asses. I'm over settling. I'm not supporting that shit anymore. Time to go find some school with a commitment to winning not named Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame or Florida to follow.

9. Savage Orange

I'm going with Arizona State... Not because they're aiming for greatness but we went to the Grand Canyon last summer and fell in love with the state. Planning to move out there as soon as daughter graduates HS and gets her college situation settled. That and the chicks at ASU are insanely hot.

10. JayVols

Not sure what I'll do. I may join with Card & go LSU. At least it will be entertaining.

11. JayVols

Michigan is temping. UM went after who they wanted until they got him. Harbaugh seems willing to do whatever it takes to win. A HUGE bonus is the potential to be Ohio State's reckoning.

12. Savage Orange

When you first posted that the school I thought of was Michigan.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I really don't like Franklin but I watched them a lot because one of my roommates was a Penn St fan. They're a lot of fun to watch.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I assume those claiming they are jumping ship from UT sports won't be back in the event UT turns it around (however unlikely that may or may not be)?

15. Savage Orange

I won't. I'll be like Droski... You guys (most of you, anyway) are pretty cool and I like hanging out here but my time as a Tennessee fan is d-o-n-e.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If my son sticks with this football thing, sounds like the only football I'll be watching on saturdays the next two years is 7 and 8 year olds.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

They'll likely be better coached than the team playing in Neyland.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

UM has always been my second favorite football school. Love that stadium.

19. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

So, he...had a Power 5 AD job. That seems to be the best we can say about him

20. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Looking for a reason to have hope for this guy, but I'm struggling. I remember thinking that K-State was killing whatever basketball success they had by hiring Bruce Weber, and we just hired the guy who made that decision.