New AD- John Currie.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Feb 28, 2017.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Haha you weren't kidding. What an overhaul

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm going down with the ship. I'm from Tennessee. Have a UT degree. Work for UT. I don't give 2 shits about other schools.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Im done with them. the whole lot can go to hell.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Truth. Also orange is beautiful and looks great with me skin tone.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

A shame so many of you are bowing out. Was looking forward to seeing you guys in Shreveport this December.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Practice canceled today due to possible tornados so I am at least questioning their commitment to winning.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What happens when there are storms and tornadoes during a game? Sounds like your son's team is not dedicated enough.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

A side benefit to my newfound Sun Devilishness... Even if we don't go to a bowl game, the bowl game will come to us!

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Letting a tremendous opportunity to work on wet ball drills and work on throw game in windy conditions fall through the cracks imo.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Obviously lacking 5 star heart.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Let me vent, bro.

When UT commits to winning, I'll recommit myself to UT. As it stands now, being a UT fan is like one's nuts perpetually being in a vice.

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I wasn't as mad about this as I should be. I guess I've been prepared for a while. I hope Blackburn beats us for a very long time. We need Neyland to be a ghost town next year. That's one of the only ways change will happen.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm sure they'd feel that, but that TV money gonna roll in

14. JayVols

Another reason to go with UM is because Lioyd Carr was originally from my hometown. I coached with one of his cousins before he became one on my vice principals. I actually met Coach Carr back in the early '90s. I started out as a head coach for my hometown middle school. Was out on the field with players doing conditioning during summer workouts. Me & one of my assistants were walking the field trying to figure out what work needed to be done on it. I saw a guy walk out on the opposite side of the field where we were walking towards us. Looked at my buddy & said, "Wonder which parent I've pissed off now." Guy looked very familiar but I didn't place him right off. The big blue M on his kakhi shorts should have been a dead giveaway, but you just don't expect the head coach for one of the most storied college football programs to show up at a podunk middle school out of the blue. He asked if I was the head coach, I nodded & introduced myself. He shook my hand & said, "I'm Lloyd Carr, head coach at the University of Michigan." I was so shocked that the best reply I could muster was, "Yeah! You are!" True story.

He was in town because his mother had passed and was being laid to rest in town. He was a nice guy. Took about 15 minutes to speak to my players. They loved it. One player who was and still is as country as corn bread. He asked him, with a long sliw drawl, "Coooach Caaaarr, are yooou gonna recruuuuuit me when I get in hiiiiigh schooooool?" I told, let's call him, Jeremy (his real name btw), that I didn't think he'd have to worry about that too much.

15. JayVols

JT5 is definitely a HoF poster.

Well done. I truly enjoy your posts.

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Passing on Blackburn should be a punch in the gut to every Tennessee person. It doesn't get anymore Tennessee than him. This is a shame of the highest order. Worse than passing on Gruden, IMO.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Big no, to the last sentence.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Vent all you want.

I've never given up, so I was simply curious how it worked.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I hope Blackburn goes to Kansas State and immediately resurrects their sorry basketball program.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Yeah, I feel like Tina Turner. I'll be here until Ike loves me again and stops hitting me.

Sent from Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk