New Radiohead album

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, May 11, 2016.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Then insert album. Is one of those different from every other?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pablo Honey, The Bends, OK Computer, and Kid A are all pretty different. Amnesiac and Kid A are extremely similar, but I think they were recorded simultaneously.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'll see if I can muster the strength to investigate.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Well that's not true.

5. kidbourbon

Weezer put out a ton of great material post Pinkerton. Not being able to live up to The Blue Album is not 'going to shit.'

Also, Weezer has a new album out -- The White Album -- I haven't listened to it yet, but the reviews are good.

6. kidbourbon

I think Karma Police is a mindblowingly great song. I'll give credit where due.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You have to see Radiohead in person to appreciate them, in my opinion. Or, at least, that was the case with me.

8. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Damn, I forgot how much I liked High & Dry + Fake Plastic Trees from that album.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah those are my two favorite Radiohead songs. That was when they were still Britpop.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

yeah. it's really good.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And probably not even top 3 on that album.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They completely changed their sound to be more commercial because Pinkerton was a failure commercially. They freely admit that btw. I hated the change

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've liked a couple of the albums since. The green one, the first half of the red one, some songs here and there, but most of them just weren't good.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Eh, to each their own. I know a few people that have been less than impressed, but by and large people in my circle love it. The critics are fawning all over it too from what I can gather. 89/100 on Metacritic is pretty impressive

15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

They made my favorite Christmas album ever. And I hate 99 percent of Christmas music but they did it right.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I have that one, too. I'm with you on Christmas music, but it's pretty good.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Christmas Music the the best.

18. kidbourbon

They wouldn't have needed to change their sound to be commercial, holmes. Blue Album was a massive success.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Pinkerton was not Holmes

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What song is even good? I can't even put it in the same realm as In Rainbows. It's not even as good as Hail to fhe Thief.