New Xbox

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Apr 5, 2013.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Looks like it will be constant connection to Internet for you I play. Also known as "always on" service. This broke out huge last night.

Also looks like you will be able to buy a disc but that is only so you can it into your harddrive. The actual disc is only for loading to your hdd. So the download only rumor looks to he false.

The always on feature looks to be a huge deal breaker for a majority of people around the net. I don't know how I feel about it just yet.

2. WM

WM Active Member

**** that noise

3. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Playstation time... Really, I just wish they would make college football, Madden and NHL for the PC and I'd be done with consoles.

4. I can see how it might be a pain in the ass occasionally, but I don't know why that would be a dealbreaker. Other than people who are flat-out pirating games, I don't know hardly anybody who owns an Xbox and doesn't have it connected to Live when playing. Xbox still has a head and shoulders better controller (for shooters, at least) and online service. As for the actual internals, I'm sure both consoles will be comparable. I'll still be getting an Xbox whenever I upgrade.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

What if you're Internet goes out? You can't play single player.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And when will that ever happen? Except for that one Sunday, when it's raining outside. And you have like, nothing else to do.

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I'd be willing to bet that Sony crushes MS this time around in console sales.......mainly due to this. But, MS hasn't confirmed whether this will happen or not. I wouldn't jump off the bridge until MS makes an announcement.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  8. This is possible, but my experience has been that anything bad enough to knock my Internet offline will also knock out the power. It's certainly not a problem that will arise enough to get me buy what I consider an inferior console just for that one rainy day when I might not get to play.

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

The new ps looks great. I'm undecided at this point. We will see what happens when here is an announcement.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

in Nashville a few years ago when the flood hit, It was nice to have an xbox, sans internet, to get my mind off the fact i was trapped in my house.

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

No man, Internet never goes out.

12. fl0at_

Gonna have to hotspot your phone.

13. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Obviously when you live in the sticks of ****ing nowhere like I do...I will say **** Microsoft over this....I don't have the bandwidth to put up with that shit.

14. fl0at_

For clarification:

Will occur, always at the most inopportune time.

It is a variation of Murphy's Law.

It is not a statement that implies that it will occur rarely.

Just in case Murphy's Law has never come up in anyone's life before...

15. fl0at_

I have the bandwidth, and I wouldn't put up with it, either. But that is where we are likely headed.

I don't lose internet very often, but I do lose internet. Sometimes I lose routers, and cables. Sometimes Comcast works on the line.

If I have a few hours off to play a game, there is an almost certainty that something is going to go wrong. Because it happens every damn time.

There is always an update, that borks my harddrive, and I have to format, reinstall, or download the update to a USB drive and apply the patch. Or this and that. I never just get to play games anymore with all this online crap.

16. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I know....EA did the same shit with SimCity and killed the game....it was never meant to be an online game. I hate it.

17. fl0at_

When AC3 came out, I had the weekend off. I bought the game, brought it home, installed it, and was right in the middle of actually playing it when my controller wouldn't work anymore. Because the bleeding batteries had corroded. That was fun.

So if the new Xbox has an always on requirement... I'll suck it up and buy it, and play it, but I'm going to take a beta blocker before I sit down, because if not, I'm going to blow a gasket.

18. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I think part of the always on bullshit is so the pricks can sell ad space....just something else to slow things down.....I am not an Apple person, but imagine if they jumped into the game.

19. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

Back to Sony I go.

20. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Microsoft is gonna have to wow me pretty hard with any new features that are going to come with the next xbox. At this point, I'm definitely going back to Sony.