New Xbox

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Apr 5, 2013.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I don't think roku has as much.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I thought Roku had more.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I don't know how true it is, but when I was reading about the player last night, it seemed like some were saying some providers were blocking Roku.

4. InVolNerable

Did it mention which ones? Wondering, because I'm debating whether or not to get a streamer, and if I do, which one.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I can't remember which board it was on, and it didn't seem like a first person related event. But was Dish or Direct. Not sure which one. I have Comcast so I just skimmed past it, but it was enough to make me consider something else.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I've never seen Roku.

7. InVolNerable

Tell NYY to let you come up for air every once in awhile. You'll discover all sorts of things.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

One thing I don't like about Roku is the lack of codecs. If you have a media center with lots of video on it, chances are Roku won't have the proper codecs to stream it.

9. InVolNerable

Is it worth getting either if I have a ps3? What more do these streamers offer?

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Roku streams H.264, MPEG-4, and MKV. Note AVI is not supported at all. I don't think Roku supports MP3 audio inside an MP4 video, but not 100% on that.
    PS3 streams H.264, MPEG-4, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AVI, AVCHD, DIVX, WMV.

I hate navigating a library with the PS3. The interface is garbage imo, but unless Roku has a channel you really like, the PS3 gives you more video formats. From what I've seen, the Roku interface is much better when it comes to managing a media library.