New Xbox

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Apr 5, 2013.

1. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

I can see why some are excited by what they are claiming it can do. but I really don't need all of that shit.

I dont need kinect, cloud storage, halo tv, skype ...etc. Just give me good games, the ability to stream, bluray and the option to randomly kick ass online.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kind of lame you have to pay for Xbox live just to have the option to pay someone else to stream their content.

3. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

True. I didn't use xbl for the longest time. but between dlc and arcade games, it grew on me.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

No always on is a good thing.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

This is how it has always been, though. Only reason I have Xbox Live is Netflix and HBOGo.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And I think that it has always been lame. Why should you have to pay Microsoft to use Netflix? The only thing they provided was the hardware, which you already purchased.

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

It's DRM will still require you to be connected at least once every 24hrs, which is just dumb IMO

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

You are actually also paying for the software to integrate those for the hardware.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like that software was present when I purchased the XBox.

So you'd be comfortable with Apple charging you for a laptop, then charging you monthly to allow it to connect to the internet?

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

PSone > Xbox One

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Yeah if I was getting integration that made everything easier. I personally don't have a problem paying for it, I would rather have it through my Xbox than just off my computer, but that's just me.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would assume whoever is producing the app, in this case Netflix, is responsible for all the integration.

13. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I'd rather have a regular computer that is in one central location but can be pulled up on any of various terminals throughout my house to be used as I wish. On the television with a game controller is one of those.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Probably wouldn't be too hard to set that up, honestly

15. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I agree, but I absolutely hate the interface between ESPN3 and my tv/CPU. Much prefer the layout Xbox has with it

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Live subscription is coming up for renewal. Since I play maybe a game a year, and it doesn't look like I'll move to One... might have to move to Apple TV.

Can't seem to find a decent, and always allowed, blu ray player with HBO Go and Espn3 apps.

17. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

If Microsoft didn't absolutely botch the introduction of the more "app" friendly Windows 8 features then there might be an app for that on a PC too. Maybe they will get it right the second time. Forcing a smartphone/tablet interface onto standard PC users without anything in between was a terrible idea. An OS equally suitable for a tablet and a desktop PC would be a great thing, especially if they could get the apps to take off.

18. WM

WM Active Member

Apple TV + Plex and you will never need any apps ever again.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I've yet to have the nerve to 'break my ATV2, but I would highly recommend it "as-is", regardless (for Float or anyone else).

20. Are ATV and Roku basically the same product?