New Xbox

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Apr 5, 2013.

1. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Is Xbox even High Def?

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Yes

3. Like I said, I just hate the controller for PS. It feels cheap and is too small for adults IMO. Party chat on XBL is another, plus the fact that just about everybody I know has an Xbox.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm pretty sure Sony will be adding a "party chat" feature to their network.

Also, don't you find it weird that the Kinect will have to be on to play your game. You won't have to use it, but it will have to see you in the room. (rumored)

5. They very well could. While a lot of the stuff circulating is just rumors right now, the one thing that is confirmed is that Sony is sticking with the same shitty controller they've had for 15 years. I truly hate that thing, and that's why I've basically already written off the PS4. I can deal with the always online, what I can't deal with is always playing with an awful controller.

The kinect thing seems kind of odd, but don't know when it would really be an issue because its not like I'll be trying to play from another room or anything.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That will be awkward for big brother at Microsoft that is monitoring me through the Kinect, as I sit nekkid on the couch playing a game in the NCAA dynasty.

7. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

Real men have tools for toys....build something!

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Also rumored that you have to have a cc on your account to access live.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

They aren't sticking with the same controller

10. There are some subtle changes, but it's essentially the same. The main problem, it's size, which makes it feel as if was designed with an 8 year old's hands in mind, will persist into the next generation.

11. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

That is a great example. And pirates will just find a way to set the online flag that the games look for and proceed playing their pirated games. This is just a big "**** you" to paying customers who now have significantly less control over how they use something that they are expected to pay hundreds of dollars for. I'll pass. I do not pirate games.

12. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

In fairness, unless you are sweeping a dead hooker off of your mattress, most hotels will have wifi access.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

After I kill a hooker I like to play GTA and unwind by killing some virtual hookers.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

With the wifi on or off?

15. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Access yes, quality access HELL ****ING NO!

16. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I have multiple problems for an always on format.

1. SimCity....Always meant to be a solo game, forced to be server based for play also adding multiplayer. Server issues out of the gate, inability to connect to servers rendering no access to the game. YOU WILL SEE SAME ISSUES IF NOT SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE WITH HALO OR COD! Even with MMO's, server wait times happen and most people have a very limited amount of time to play.

2. Used game market loss. By having this DRM BS with online only, not only would you not be able to trade the game in, you will also not be able to loan the game to a friend. I know that if I drop $65 on a game and it sucks worse than the Bama fan that t-bagged the LSU fan, I now have fully lost the total value of this product. Thus reducing the number of games that I will by, not because I can't afford it, but simply because I refuse to be continually prison raped over a shitty game.

3. Could this also kill the rental market? I sometimes choose to rent a game to determine if I like it or not.

4. PC games platform, the main reason PC games decreased significantly is that there was no trade in market for the games. Also, the games came out faster than a system could handle.

5. I prefer playing solo most of the time and I don't GAF about most online play or who's online. I would be more open if I had the bandwidth to play non-stop online.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Preferably off. Who wants to be disturbed during such an intimate moment?

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Not always free. And sometimes it can give you a shit ton of problems recognizing it. It's not worth it. And yes its slow as balls.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've also found that hotel wi-fi was mostly a pain

20. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Not to mention a complete security risk