Northwestern players starting a players union

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Jan 28, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Average? Zero? How many northwestern nfl players are there? Not many

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

So that insurance would help them approximately not at all. thank you.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It would help if they were permanently disabled. Getting into the nfl is another animal completely, but there is something call own occupation insurance, but you'd have to show they were projected as an nfl player before the injury.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Don't be a idealistic simpleton. The policies are specialty and individually underwritten. Most of these policies are about likelihood to play pro. The crap you're discussing is disability and standard fare for carriers like Aflac.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Damn, can't say I disagree.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know of one off the top of my head

7. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

It really could be the Pandora's box with this ruling.

That being said, failure to perform on the field and in the classroom could now be considered as a fireable offense.

Also if you're an employee, the scholarship now becomes a taxable income source.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am responding to Droski saying they could all just get this kind of insurance to solve this problem. They can't. I'm not being a simpleton, you just seem to skim threads and pick my posts out without reading the context.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they can absolutely get insurance that covers lost wages because of football injuries or insurance to cover future health costs associated with football injuries. are you arguing they need insurance to compensate people for knee pain or something?

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

United Steel Workers have been providing for legal services thus far.

11. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Really? If so that should be an illegal benefit.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's what was reported on the radio today. I don't know if it would be illegal or not. I'm sure USW would help organize the whole of scholarship students and financial aid recipients if they could make it work.