POLITICS NRA in financial trouble, per the NRA

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Aug 3, 2018.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That's the color of his urine.

Poppa T likes this.
  2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I got confused and forgot we were talking weapons.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is pretty orangish red, which is odd because my hair is (was) brown

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Do I get partial credit?

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Can you explain to me the 80% guns, seriously, I can't figure out how they're legal.

6. fl0at_

Enlighten me on what an 80% gun is, please sir.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's what I was referring to when I was saying you can order parts or components of a gun and assemble one yourself. Here's an article by a guy who finally made his dream his reality this way.

https://gundigest.com/more/how-to/gunsmithing/rise-80-percent-firearms

My brother assembles people's kits for them as a side gig.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My brother has been doing them lately too. No serial numbers as far as I can remember.

9. fl0at_

I would say it is legal by ATF rule, but a ban against them would hold. Or would have held, two years ago. Jay might be able to get his 20mm cannon, now.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

11. fl0at_

Even when they are considered firearms, there is an ATF rule, based on a few different US laws, that says an individual may build a firearm for personal use. So like how you make knives... you could make a firearm. But you couldn't sell it. Not without proper licensing.

I'm not even sure how it would work with a will'd gun, to be honest, since it is no longer "personal use."

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/does-individual-need-license-make-firearm-personal-use

12. fl0at_

There was a cat in Montana, if I recall right, that was building 50 caliber (BMG) pistols. And selling them. And he got hard up against the ATF and claimed intrastate commerce, which was legal in Montana for firearms. And they slapped the hell out of that guy.

So he started selling kits. Slapped the hell out of him.

No idea what he does now. I think he might run a tactical crew out of Kalispell. Which I laughed at. The [uck fay] they doing, personal protection against Grizzlies?

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How the hell do you fire a .50 bmg pistol?

14. fl0at_

The muzzle breaks reduce recoil about 90%. It's about like shooting a 12 gauge shotgun, recoil wise. The worse is the friggen shockwave. It is the absolute worst. The 50 BMG is the worst gun in creation. I hate it. And I've shot a few.

But anyway, muzzle break is how. They were neat little guns. I wish I could find one, image wise. I wouldn't use one as a club.

15. fl0at_

Actually came across a test I took on the .50 cal back in the day, and it was asking about types of ammo you can't fire through the Barrett. And I put down the standard tracer round, because it fouls the rifling, and blah blah, but I forgot this one round: SLAP ammo.

[​IMG]

And the reason you can't fire it is because it fragments the plastic on the round and will send it out of the muzzle break and into your observer. Which is probably a bad day for him.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you personally own a Barrett M82 now, or was it strictly a work weapon? They seem neat, but I couldn't afford to feed it.

kmf600 likes this.
  17. fl0at_

Work weapon. I wouldn't shoot one today if someone said I could. Hell, I went out of my way to not shoot one back then. Not to get too philosophical, but there are a lot of people from that old job that really liked them because they make cars blow up (Raufuss rounds). I think they suck ass, on every level.

The Barrett is heavy, 39.5 lbs, give or take. It's nearly as tall as 3/4s of my old teammates. It leaves a signature that is out of this world; as in like.. hey, look, there is the person that shot at us... he's right behind that 3 meter dust cloud. It gives you a headache. And of the two "best" methods of minimizing the signature, one costs you money, personally, and the other costs something more important, water.

Which is you put your flak jacket down under the muzzle, and you'll kick up less dust (and burn a hole in your flak jacket, which you end up having to pay for, despite combat damage), or you have to take your only water bottle, and empty it around the muzzle so as to dampen the dirt under the muzzle. And even then, if you fire it at night, it doesn't [uck fay]ing matter.

Since it is a Tennessee weapon, everyone should have some history. It's the fastest (as I was told, so heresay) weapon from prototype to production, ever. And that's because it was made out of stamped, scrapped trailer homes, so why not.

Engineering wise it is a marvel. But deployment wise I hate it. The Corps also doesn't consider it a "sniper rifle." It's a SASR, or special applications scoped rifle. And that's because, though it can, the Corps doesn't spec it to hold a MOA, which is a requirement to be a sniper rifle.

MWR, IP and kmf600 like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why in the [uck fay] are we charging soldiers for burns in their flack jackets from combat?

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Because we only spend $900 Billion a year on the military. Duh.

20. fl0at_

Marines. Not sure about the Army.

But all your gear has to come back and in decent shape (it’s inspected).

You can combat loss something, if you remember to, but if you forget, you have to make up for it some way.

And thus the saying:

“There is only one thief in the Marine Corps, everyone else is just trying to get their shit back.”