Obama has to hate Occupy Wall Street

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Oct 6, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Republican: You work, you pay taxes, you can complain.
    Liberal: You work, you pay taxes, you can complain.

I mean, we can oversimplify any and every political ideology. Fascism and Communism have two extremely differing fundamental working distinctions: in fascism, the state is the total of all power. It is the end all, be all, master and overlord. In communism, that gets to communism, the state is an afterthought. [This has never happened, ever].

But those are the working distinctions. If I ask you to name for me, a state that truly and absolutely reflects communism, and I mean raw, perfect, every thing Marx dreamed of... communism. Could you name one?

2. 1. Something we can agree on. Only liberals seem to want to change that little freedom of speech thing.

2. That statement explains why there is no difference other than a written definition.

3. Never has been one, and never will be one. Not sure the point of your question.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Generalizations are easy fl0at. The devil is in the details, as you know.

4. JayVols

Pure true communism is impossible with the human race. I think we all agree on that.

5. When the state has their foot on your neck, details don't count.

6. fl0at_

The point is as follows: Though you admit that no working communist political state has ever existed, you still claim that they are similar based on examples in history... that you yourself admit are not actually communist. You then say that the only difference is on paper, when, by your own admission, communism ONLY EXISTS on paper. [Given that an example cannot be produced.]

Yet, you still maintain that they are similar, even though there has never existed a true communist state. How?

7. Damn! It all went right over your head.

Communist and Fascist governments are totalitarian states. You can call the shit by any name, but it all taste the same when you're one of the workers.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Surprised no one has been labeled a Nazi yet.

Seriously, why are details meaningless? Because they get in the way of sweeping generalizations and black-and-white interpretations?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

How does capitalism taste when you are just a lowly unskilled worker? I imagine being the bottom rung is pretty much the same.

10. JayVols

How dare you bring logic into this discussion.

11. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

And this is why we should keep all politicians on a short leash. They care nothing about the common folks like me and you. They manipulate the truth to make us believe that they care. They have their own agendas

12. fl0at_

Yes, clearly you are special, gifted and talented. Everyone else in mass disagreement with you, but agreement with each other, are the lowly and unintelligent.

You are special, we are just average. This is clear.

And this differs from any other political ideology save anarchy, how? [Seems odd hearing this question twice, I'm sure.]

13. It would be one of those "details" some of you are hung up on.

It's called 'opportunities'. Capitalism has them.

14. I'm sure you dream in living color.

Some of us are realist.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I'm not a realist, what am I?

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This is clearly my most successful thread to date. Over a week and still going strong.

On a small note, if you compare Mussolini's work on Fascism -- perhaps the best exposition of fascism I know -- you see clearly that the state exists to make the culture; to create, if you will, the people. It is an extreme version of Plato's Republic. And because of fascism, Plato himself has been accused of being a closet totalitarian.

If you read Lenin's work on the Vanguard he very clearly shows that the state restricts human development, the "withering" of which would enable "the free development of each for the free development of all" to quote Marx.

Now, SOJ is right to a great extent. In reality both systems will go down as being linked by their brutality and totalitarianism. It is an inescapable footnote to the history. But obviously fascism and communism as understood by their practitioners is a very different thing altogether. Carry on.

17. That I can't answer. Everyone must answer that one for themselves, my friend.

18. Perhaps it would be simpler to say, communism and fascism are totalitarianism by a different name.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal