Obama just got punked

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

In a sense, yes, but there are a number here who promote the qualities of one Willard Romney as worthy of the presidency in and of itself. Plus, his ability to put on a "human face" recently has, supposedly been a boon to his rise in the polls.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You specifically accused him of saying he doesn't care about 47% of America and called it "disgusting". You clearly are some sort of subhuman imbecile that lacks the mental capacity for comprehending the English language. I hate that for you, but that's evidently how it works.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

... That is what he said. He himself now says it was wrong.

I like the subhuman part, though. Cool straw man.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Then post the quote of Romney saying he doesn't care about them.

It isn't a straw man. If you meant to imply something other than "you are a ****ing idiot" with your bit about not being able to understand English, then please clarify.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

"There are 47% who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."

“My job is not to worry about those people,” Romney says in the video. “I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.

I can go and bump some posts of folks defending that comment too, saying that number was "just about right" and that 47% of people do not contribute to the country.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So he didn't say he doesn't care about them. Fun discussion.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You use the "straw man" card the way many use the "racism" card.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Please do (specifically the bolded part).

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Romney made comments in private that he never thought would be made public, then he made comments in public to apologize for said comments he intended to always stay private. Which do you think is more sincere?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I applaud him being a bigger man than most in his situation.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I recall questioning the validity of the numbers. You're going to need to let me know specifically which posts it is you think I was out of line on.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Takes a really big man to not stick to your guns in the face of a huge public backlash.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It is not really my intention to reopen this can o' worms but I thought "bridges and roads" would be a "those" not a "that" so I am not sure who does or does not understand the English language.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

For the 50th time. He followed it up with "you didn't do that on your own." Was he arguing that rich people are saying they build roads on their own? Really?

And of course romney apologized. He is trying to get elected.

as for obama being a genius compared to romney. I couldn't give a crap about romney's academic record and that was the basis of the "obama is a genius" garbage.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The numbers have been proven to be correct. The liberals have been saying that half of those people pay payroll taxes which is a stupid argument.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

When will he hear Obama admitting that he was wrong?

Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan

Last night, the Obama campaign blasted out another email claiming that Mitt Romney's tax plan would either require raising taxes on the middle class or blowing a hole in the deficit. "Even the studies that Romney has cited to claim his plan adds up still show he would need to raise middle-class taxes," said the Obama campaign press release. "In fact, Harvard economist Martin Feldstein and Princeton economist Harvey Rosen both concede that paying for Romney’s tax cuts would require large tax increases on families making between $100,000 and $200,000."

But that's not true. Princeton professor Harvey Rosen tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD in an email that the Obama campaign is misrepresenting his paper on Romney's tax plan:

I can’t tell exactly how the Obama campaign reached that characterization of my work. It might be that they assume that Governor Romney wants to keep the taxes from the Affordable Care Act in place, despite the fact that the Governor has called for its complete repeal. The main conclusion of my study is that under plausible assumptions, a proposal along the lines suggested by Governor Romney can both be revenue neutral and keep the net tax burden on taxpayers with incomes above $200,000 about the same. That is, an increase in the tax burden on lower and middle income individuals is not required in order to make the overall plan revenue neutral.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Romney could go a long way if he just listed the tax loopholes he was going to close. There are a lot that could be done that could make a big difference. Like carried interest and 1039 exchanges for non resident real estate.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

"spoken English language." "That" could refer to infrastructure, which he just detailed.