Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Insurance Due To ObamaCare.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by LawVol13, Oct 29, 2013.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now call me a zombie. Please, label me to ice your position.

They knew 70% would be because insurance companies constantly adjust/change their policies. Read the article.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

For you (again) law:

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...-canceled-in-latest-hurdle-for-obamacare.html

For giggles near the article -

In other words, lie to be reelected.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

For you IP:

That means DHHS came in AFTER the act to set regulations that had an effect that PREDATED the regulation.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Totally and completely splitting hairs.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Splitting hairs? Comprehending the words in the article is splitting hairs? Your quote says plain as day "normal turnover." If someone had a plan they liked, ACA wasn't stopping them from keeping it past that date (this is also in the article, as you know). Guess what? Most people do not get to keep the plan they liked because of "normal turnover," i.e. the market. This is the sort of lack of control that ACA is attempting to address. It isn't splitting hairs to be fixing blame to the wrong place.

8. CardinalVol

You are literally the only person I've come in contact with from either side of the aisle that in any way has tried to defend this.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

So, you can honestly say you don't consider the assertion that "one can keep your plan if you like it" when you know that as a result of this legislation, 70% of them will not be able to do just that is an honest assessment? Christ, I thought you were smart.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The system was flawed. But this isn't a witch hunt. This is an inept piece of shit making the system worse, all while claiming to be fixing it. The guy is a ****ing disgrace to career politics. Your witch hunt claims be damned.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It's a complete joke to try to defend this.

12. fl0at_

Never has that caveat been mentioned. And, knowing that there would be turnover BEFORE the act actually went into effect, and telling everyone that you would be able to keep that policy is fraud.

If you tried this anywhere other than politics, you would be in serious shit.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

This isn't an argument.

Am I misinterpreting "normal turnover?" Do people having to get new coverage have the same policy they had in 2010? Of course they don't, and it has absolutely nothing to do with ACA.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Same. I've not met a person yet that sees this as a good thing.

15. CardinalVol

LOL, wow.

Just wow.

I can't even respond to that.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Exactly right. This is total and complete fraud.

17. fl0at_

So was keeping the same doctor normal turnover too? For the guy using the same doctor since 1993?

That's some slow turnover...

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Again. Surely you don't buy that shit.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cool story float.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

What shit? That most Americans are getting ****ed by their insurance and don't even realize it so long as they stay relatively healthy?