Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Insurance Due To ObamaCare.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by LawVol13, Oct 29, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've not even considered that.

That, or in order to save face don't require it and completely screw up the detail in the overhaul.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

The past 6 years in Georgia, teachers had the option of United Health Care (which I have), Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Cigna. Jan. 1, 2013 our only option is Blue Cross Blue Shield. So I have lost my insurance.

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

damn liberals

4. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

ip is putting on a trolling clinic today... at least that's what i hope he's doing.

5. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

So, we go from the insurance companies ****ing us, to the government ****ing us, and not even giving us the courtesy of lube in the process. How would you feel if your insurance got dropped and the only option was something 250% more than what you were paying. I'm hoping and praying nothing happens to my wife's policy, or we are completely ****ed!!! BTW, if it wasn't for her insurance, we would have to pay an extra $1,000 for her meds, that we currently pay $10 a month for right now.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not enough for it to have too much of an affect yet. What will eventually happen is everyone becomes a 1099 sub to most all small businesses.

What's funny is neither the accountant nor the insurance agent can tell me exactly what's going to happen because the government can't tell them where exactly we fall.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Nail meet hammer.

And its as simple as that. Most of those puffing the bill before and after it passed had no clue what was in it and proceeded to tell everybody what they needed to hear to make them feel better about voting in the next election.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Washington messed up the old health care system, so we want them to take more control over it to try and fix their mistakes.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Politicians lie; water is wet. Anyone who bought into the lies deserves what they get.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yep. And thats across the board.

Why anybody throws in with politicians and expect the right thing do be done in such cases is beyond me. What sucks is when it bites the people that know going in what happens.

11. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

politicians whatever, when the IRS is going to determine my future healthcare, I'm concerned

12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

This, I don't get the damnation of corporations but somehow gov't is righteous, makes no sense to me

How are they not equal and why do we not demand better?

Need some old fashioned rioting

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I love how they pass laws then exempt themselves.

14. MWR

MWR Contributor

Sooooooooonnnnnnn. That right there could easily become a Country song.

Politicians lie; water is wet.
    Anyone who bought into the lies deserves what they get.
    Well, my baby she lied;
    And tossed me aside;
    She tore my heart apart, now I wish we'd never met.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He's certainly approaching the "shill" category, intentional or not. I prefer to believe that it is the former.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Corporations are very limited in their power. Government has the threat of force.

Wal-mart can't force me to give them money. That's a different story for the Feds.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

A law that supposedly was meant to insure the uninsured is actually uninsuring the insured. Awesome job, as usual, Washington.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ironically in this situation they are making me choose to give money to a corporation or to the government.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Everyone wins that way!

20. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I obviously think that's ridiculous, but what bothers me about this whole thing is the blatant misrepresentation by the Administration. I already thought the legislation was shit and would be disastrous before this came out.