Obamacare penalty for non insurance goes up 250%

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Apr 8, 2015.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

To be clear, she was saying they are only a requirement for minors.

But they are actually considered minimum essential coverage for minors, which is different from required coverage for minors as far as I can tell.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah.

I just did my own until last year because we bought our house in 2013. I'd never itemized and wanted advice there.

I basically did my own this year before taking them to her. Probably won't bother next year.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am thinking about paying an accountant next year. I had 4 W2's and an LLC. Got hosed, so I am trying to itemize this go-around.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Yeah, I honestly wouldn't be able to do that. It would just bother me at some level. But it is a really good business model when you think about it. When you're the richest man in the State, it's hard for people who do work for you to like band together and agree to say "funk this guy". You know, if you install carpet for a living and the greenbrier decides for a wholesale change, you'll take that job even if you know you have to sue to get paid.

5. kidbourbon

I have an LLC in the mix now as well.

Why 4 W2s doe? Change jobs or just treating them like the girls in your harem?

6. kidbourbon

Not exactly. It's in WV.

7. kidbourbon

Two points on that:
    1. Are you defining one night stand as a girl you banged on a first date or a girl you met out and banged that night? Not that it really matters because, anyway....
    2. I like to have them convince me through actions that every other dude isn't going bareback. So, for example, if she just lets you slide it on in skin on skin with no objection, then it's definitely not her 1st or 131st rodeo. In that case, even a condom hater might wanna wrap up. On the other hand, if you're making cover zero efforts and getting rebuked past a point where 99% of dudes would have just rub'd up, but you do that thing where you just keep just-the-tip'ing her* au naturale until eventually you're balls deep in her, then I eel a little better about it.

*or more deviously, you start with one on, start giving her some depth, to a point where you know she's not gonna wanna stop, and then you just tell her you're taking it off and you proceed to do just that**
    **Not that I would have ever done something like that.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Wow.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Turbo tax is remarkably easy. I have an llc too

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I deal with all of our tax accounting and financials at our companies, and I still use turbotax for myself. It's every bit as good as they are. If I'm dealing with odd writedowns or carryforwards, I'll ask for advice, but rarely does that happen.

TurboTax is exceptionally good.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yup. Accountants have software too and it's pretty damn similar. They are best used for strategy IMO

I will probably have to start using the group in my office for political reasons though. My partner is an accountant and I've gotten away with not paying for his colleagues.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  12. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

And where do I have the hospital send their bill?

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Truth! I can knock my returns out in well under two hours from login to E-file.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Unless you have a home mortgage or unusually high medical bills or deductible professional/business expenses not taken by the LLC (it should have it's own return), it is unlikely you can beat the standard deduction. I cannot even come close after divesting myself from all business property.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I won't defend someone with give, but the whole lien process is utter BS. A free years ago, a title search on our home turned up one from a chiropractor in the area. Neither my wife or I have ever been to any chiropractor. Or fault? My wife's name is similar to the woman who had not paid for services.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

sounds like that rich guy not paying his bills needs his ass kicked.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am surprised a few hired hands haven't given him a talking to.

18. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

So is neonatal care for the elderly yet the insurance is mandated by the ACA they provide this.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm shocked one of his properties hasn't been burned down.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Damn it. Why do you hate women and children?