Obamacare

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Jun 28, 2012.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is ****ing gouging by the insurance companies. No way around it. There is no reason for your same coverage to go up. None. People can claim X or Y and this and that, but I think these insurance companies need to be held accountable for these idiotic rate increases for no change in coverage.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there's obviously some ****ing problem

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You are not that only one. I dread mine in December.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I only know because i'm the agent on the account.

5. CardinalVol

I've already spoken wit ha few practices where it is coming up for a 10/1 renewal date. The $400 a month isn't surprising to me in the least.

6. MWR

MWR Contributor

That's gotta hurt.

But hey, it's only money.

And at one time, it was your money. But no more.

Yep, our country is in a power dive to hell.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The insurance commissioners still have to approve them, but they now happen to be more cozy than before.

8. CardinalVol

I've ran numbers and I'm almost convinced it would be cheaper for my family to go uninsured and self-insure that to have insurance in 2016.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

United is losing their ass. If that continues and they don't get subsidies from tax payers, the ACA is dead.

10. CardinalVol

If they pull out, good luck with the rest of it. Suddenly others will start to give it second thought as well.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If they pull out its dead.

12. CardinalVol

I don't think it's marketshare will kill it. It may land a nice uppercut to make it wobbly though.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Largest insurer in the country going down would be too much

14. CardinalVol

It's the largest insuror but has only 5% of the exchange plans. It's not enough to kill it. It's enough to send some clear warning signs, but not enough to kill it.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

But this isn't just an isolated issue with them. As predicted the pools are made up of large portions of the sick while the healthy and young aren't buying exchanges. This will only keep snow balling.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

govt will have to bail them all out to make sure they don't leave and the outrage is going to be off the charts.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Shouldn't be a problem with all the money we are saving.

18. CardinalVol

And it may very well happen, but United isn't going to be the one to cause it.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It isn't going well? It's exorbitantly expensive and has raised the prices for every single person in the market by some huge percentage? Who knew?

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Let them eat cake.