Obama's Immigration Action

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volst53, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's suppose lay our his EOs on his plan on immigration. I really think this is going to set the tone for the next few years.

He does have prosecutorial discretion, but It is unconstitutional for him to rewrite a federal statute or to nullify a federal statute by prosecutorial discretion.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'll be interested to see what he decides.

I'm sure that it will be both sensible and lawful.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

INS a huge major issue as well. It might be the most broken agency in the government. Its a total shit show. It makes the DMV look like a well run machine of of efficiency and customer service.

We've made legal immigration extremely difficult, and burdensome, while at the same time putting out as many magnets as possible to encourage illegal immigration.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

5. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

By design? How do you figure?

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Can anyone tell me what's taken President Obama this long to issue these EO's?

If all it takes is "having a pen", it would seem easy enough to have gotten done before his re-election, or certainly, before the most recent mid-terms.

Did he purposefully shelve this until after those two events? Surely not.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm expecting Ferguson to be dropped today/tomorrow and he media coverage is deflected.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

He was getting heat for "vote buying," if I recall. So I guess he has been stalemated into "*******" no matter what he does or when he does it. Which is cool. Playing the ******* can be fun.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess I am confused because I am interpreting comments here to be thinking the Prez doesn't want coverage. That isn't true. The White House wanted the networks to cover the speech, and is annoyed they won't. In our diseased Lefty minds, we do not see immigration reform as a liability or dirty secret.

11. CardinalVol

There's gonna be a lot of blow back.

I'm fine with immigration reform. I'm not fine with the matter in how it is going down.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

amnesty is for vote buying down the road, not this election. no one said Obama was stupid.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's been blow back for every little thing this administration does. It is high time they realized there will be no pleasing some and focus on doing what he was elected to do. Saying there's going to be "blow back" is meaningless after 6 years of it.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

A guest worker program is going to buy votes?

15. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

What does/will the EO entail?
    Has it leaked yet?

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't think so either. I think its a sign of his popularity and how the public will react to it

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

The only thing I heard was that it will involve registering guest workers. I imagine there will be some curtailing of deportation rates. I have not heard any Reagan-style blanket amnesty.

18. CardinalVol

Has he really attempted to work o attempt to peace together a solution? Instead he waits until after mid-term elections to do it? Give me a break.

He's going to regret doing this by EO, and IMO, democrats are going to regret him doing this by EO as well.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

This is not going to address any will issue.

20. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

That's Obama's MO