OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know a guy in Panama City that does it

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Just a wee bit far for him, I'd imagine. I'm just funning, but you should know there are always ducks behind the house. All sorts of waterfowl, actually. Whistling ducks, variety of egrets, sandhills, great blue herons, etc.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

JG, I have this rash in my Kegel area. Know anyone that can look at it for me?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'll offer free advice. Just post a photo.

kmf600 likes this.
  5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Is that like your taint?

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

When you go for a run and come back with ice crystals in your beard, it's cold.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You rang?

8. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Finally have stable internet after 6 months of [itch bay]ing.

I've been saying since I moved that there had to be bad hard line in the area, but as usual they kept telling me to do the basic tech support drill, which slowly enraged me until I lost my shit.

Then it was my modem, then my router, then everything else to avoid doing plant work.

They're really squeezing pennies on maintenance compared to my CATV days.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Have you tried rebooting your pc? Okay, I understand. Try that and then give us a call back, sir. I understand you have already tried that, but do call us back after restarting your pc. Thank you for your loyalty.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So a friend of mine that has ATT Uverse has gotten a couple letters from them about illegally streaming stuff. I had no idea they monitored that stuff or would spend the time and resources to try and prevent it. I wonder if they’d really ever get one of their customers in trouble.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Can always just use a VPN.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t know how to set that up. Technical difficulty rating on a scale of 1-10?

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You have to find/pay for one out there. Your traffic goes to the VPN, VPN goes to where ever. As far as your provider is concerned, everything is to the VPN and back.

You don't want to set up one and run it, unless you are running the VPN to mask your friend's traffic, but then that just means you're the one now streaming the illegal stuff, and the one getting flagged.

14. fl0at_

And if they see all your traffic to a VPN, they'll probably throttle you anyway.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's not hard and there are lots of options. Most of the time you just sign into the service when you start you computer and you're good to go. Make sure you change your DNS server to one that's not controlled by your ISP. I normally use Google's (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

fl0at_ likes this.
  16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Breaking the just ain’t what it used to be. Sigh.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I really despise how ISPs are allowed to do that. They sell you 50mbps but ONLY if you don't use it or don't do something they were not planning on. I am not sure how prevalent this is, but with the gutting of the net neutrality regulations, I imagine it will be come more common.

Like the joke about the all-you-can eat buffet: "Sign say all you can eat, not all YOU can eat!"

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i use a vpn so i can sign up for local dodger games on the mlb package. it was very easy to set up for my apple tv

19. fl0at_

I’m surprised they don’t block that.

Netflix does.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex