OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Thanks for the kind words fellows. Now it's on to the business of her estate. I'm the sole heir, so I go in thinking it should be simple until yesterday when a cousin of mine sent me some strange and cryptic messages including a request that I send two copies of Mom's death certificate including one for her attorney. Isn't life grand?

Joseph Brant likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tell that cousin to go get [uck fay]ed

CitrusCo.Vol, utvol0427, IP and 2 others like this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Unless she has a will that includes said cousin, do what Groves said.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We’re dealing with that shit right now. It’s been fun

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

She's got a touch of the crazy. I blame it on yankee living. It's weird that she texted me a copy of another will in which none of her immediate family was named as a beneficiary.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Send her a document saying she stands to inherit $20 if she spends the night in a haunted house.

IP likes this.
  8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's crazy that they get years to contest the will. That seems like a bit of bullshit to me

Joseph Brant likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

I'm dealing with one as paid executor of the estate right now. Will was signed October 4, lady died on December 1, and they managed to lose the original copy in between.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That sounds like that's going to be fun.

My wife's family is giving her a rough go right now. They don't have a case but they're being some pretty big assholes over it.

11. CardinalVol

Thankfully there is only one daughter and the lady's husband (second marriage) isn't fighting anything. He detests the daughter is getting a penny, but it was his wife's wishes and it is his goal to make sure they are carried out. But the daughter is something else.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's why I've always liked being poor.

Joseph Brant and chavisut like this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Nothing brings out family like a perceived rich Uncle dying. My FIL went through that when his Aunt Chris died and he was the sole inheritor. Everyone came in out of the woodwork because people thought they had money (which compared to the cousins, the Aunt was rich). He had to change the locks on the house because he was worried people would have keys and come and rob the place.

14. CardinalVol

All I'm hearing is that Norris is loaded..................

Ssmiff likes this.
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That perceived rich part is spot on. It's like there's a gold mine on the back 40 (which is the same as the front 40) according to them. She called me last summer when she got wind that Mom was sick talking about having a some-odd year's old IOU made out to her dad and something about him saying he thought they all should have shared a piece of land left to Mom by another relative. I didn't know my uncle all that well, but I can't imagine him saying that regardless of the legality.

16. CardinalVol

Well, if it was left to your mom by another relative it doesn't matter what he thinks.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When people see easy money that they think they deserve a part of, they literally go crazy.

I hate money. Cannot stand what it makes people do.

JudgmentVol likes this.
  18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah I’d tell that guy to [uck fay] off

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I had this conversation with the wife recently. If we “won the lottery,” I’d probably Manzel myself to an early grave.

She said “we’d help people.” And she probably would. I’d get bored and probably play video games all day and do drugs.

20. CardinalVol

When my great uncle died my mom and her brother probably got screwed out of close to a million dollars, and this was in late 80s/early 90s. He lived away from us and some family took advantage of him royally. It's still a sore subject among the family.