OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

My lady lost a llama today, only 6. She's figuring he was probably inbred and had a heart issue.

Sucks.

Oddly as nature will, the horses are letting the other (now solo) llama hang with them, whereas before they naturally segregated.

Hoping to bring in a BLM burro to be like me, a loud mouthed outsider. Plus they will kick the ever loving shit out of a dog that deserves it,

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Never had any dealings, but donkeyrescue.org is a thing, and takes in BLM burros. Might be an avenue for getting one.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

That would be cool.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Made the mistake of trying to take apart my pole saw today.

Son of a [itch bay] I regretted that really fast

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The wife, the kids, and I have talked about getting a llama to the point of doing some online research into it. Llama has been one of my daughter's nicknames for the past three years, and we have collectively become more and more fasinated by them.

6. Joseph Brant

That Lieutenant that led police on a chase with the TOC vehicle is a hero.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Update -

Dropped off his tax return this morning and the guy started opening up about military history. Was sent to be an engineer for a program that was shut down 3 weeks before D-day. After bouncing around a little between Texas and Louisiana, he ended up on the Mauretania (Lusitania sister ship) and then served as reconnaissance at the Bulge.

Didn't ask, he just started talking. Had already made up my mind I was sitting there until he stopped.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You just made that guys day.

9. CardinalVol

Not nearly as much as he made mine. I was as a giddy as a 5 year old when I left.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  10. bigjintx

bigjintx Chieftain

I had an uncle on my mother’s side who fought in the Battle of the Bulge. He didn’t like to talk much about it, but one of the most vivid memories I have of him from my childhood is when he showed me his collection of pistols, daggers, and medals that he had taken off of fallen enemy combatants. I was probably about 10 at the time.

He had so much shrapnel in him that they couldn’t get it all out. There was a story about him shaving years later and the blade catching on shrapnel working its way out of his body.

I wish I knew more details about his service.

RIP Uncle John Lee

justingroves and CardinalVol like this.
  11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's a great family regret that we never tape recorded my grandfather telling his war stories. Although, most of them were about things that happened outside of combat. He never really discussed the bad stuff.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Tomorrow is the 10th already, Dude

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Far out.

14. Joseph Brant

Dumb question for a carpetbagger, is Tennessee an open primary or do I need to register as a republicrat?

The deluge of commercials has made me investigate the options so might as well vote.

15. CardinalVol

Open.

16. CardinalVol

Just got tickets for the boy and I for Braves/Cards end of the month in St. Louis.

Was goign to go this weekend, but decided I'd go with the tickets that were 50% cheaper instead.

17. CardinalVol

Related - how there is not a Lambert's restaurant in Pigeon Forge still blows my mind.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Dates?

19. CardinalVol

June 29 and 30

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dude. Now he knows when AND where you will be. Are you mad?