OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Regular neosporin works

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  2. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

Hot Fuzz is on

Good way to break in the morning yoga routine

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Advice time, please. I've been at my place of employment for 18 years, I have 2 to retire. There's a small utility in the Keys that is hiring my same position, but for 5 coconuts more an hour, and the promise of less hours. My mind is saying there's no question, stay where I am and get the retirement, but my heart is saying just apply. It does give me more time to think about making the move. But I also think, don't be stupid, and if I was going to move, it would be to move home to Knoxville. I'm sick of the games all the time where I am, it's not easy working for the government. I'm 95% sure there is no reason on God's green earth I should ever consider leaving here at least until I get my retirement. [uck fay] this shit man.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What kind of retirement are we talking about here? If it is a a nice package (giggity), then no way would I give it up with 2 years to go. UNLESS your sanity is in question and you don't think you will make it another two years.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Pension or 401k?

6. TheOrangeEmpire

Don’t stress yourself out over thinking it. You’ve made an investment and your payoff is two years.

;)

kmf600 likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hold out for two more miserable years then move back to God's country

kmf600, utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If you rip your ACL a few more times you can spend most of those last 2 years sitting in a chair listening to your kids scream at each other.

9. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I would think that the extra expense of living in the keys would cancel out the 5 extra coconuts.

kmf600 likes this.
  10. TheOrangeEmpire

@warhammer

Batman 89 is on Sundance and the Batwing is getting ready to wreak havoc.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

stay, take a dive off a pole again in a few months and finish out your days on work comp, using that as leverage for them to go ahead and release you to receive full retirement benefits. Go work for the company in the keys to stash some extra cash and watch sunset parties, then quit and move to Knoxville fall of 2020 when we make a run

kmf600 likes this.
  12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Ohne Amerikanner TV...

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Pension, like the Po-lease

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

You’ve come this far pal, I feel like you gotta see it through if you’ve got it in you.

kmf600 and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I go through miserable times here every once in a while, and it's just funny this job shows up. I thought about it most of the day, even talked to my supervisor. There's no way I can give up this lifetime paycheck. It's what I've worked for and put up with a ton of shit for,for a long time.

Thanks dudes. I'm at work right now, leaving at 7 tomorrow morning, then working a 24 hour shift Thursday to Friday. Getting old

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Definitely. But my friend and I were talking, they'll probably let me have a sensible beer with lunch.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Pretty elaborate plan. Lots of moving parts.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Are you vested or would you lose it all?

That’s a tough spot honestly. Life’s too short to wake up dreading work every day but it’d suck throwing away 18 years and getting nothing

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

100% vested. It would be dumb as shit to leave at this point. But just shows how fed up I am at this point. I'm staying, if for only to make this place send me a check for the rest of my life.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Stick it out, get your 2 years in, tell everyone exactly what you think at your retirement party, go home and kick ocho cinco out if your bedroom, enjoy retirement.