OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just realized your avatar. Have you seen the Grant documentary/docudrama yet? Think you can stream it on Hulu, from the History Channel. Really good.

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

And no one even cares a poor 50 year old man is tragically injured in a brutal fall. Wow.

3. NorrisAlan

Never got past the 1% wine rack. Hope your knee is ok.

gcbvol likes this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

No, not yet. Is it new? I was really into all things Civil War about 3-4 years ago, but I don't remember that. I'm a big Bruce Catton fan. This is an excellent read:

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Hey, my dryer died a couple days ago too!

But it only cost me a thermal fuse that Amazon shipped to the house in 2 days for about $3.

gcbvol likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

Came out last month.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Wife informed me that if we get another stimulus check she's getting a roomba knockoff.

justingroves and kmf600 like this.
  8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Smiff has desensitized us to old men falling apart.

9. gcbvol

Lucky bastard. But seriously glad you were able to repair it.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Saw one for €65 on the facebooks marketplace the other day.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Reminds me of the time time my wife thought she was getting a new fridge after we came home to a dead one after a mini vacation. After showing her an instructional video some young teen in the DR put together on how to fix our exact problem with a $15-20 part on our exact fridge, she was quite disappointed.

12. fl0at_

Lucky? I had to take apart the whole damn thing and patiently check continuity on every fuse, switch and relay. Which isn't actually that many. But dryer disassembly is a pain.

Must be nice to just be all line "Call our people, have them deliver a new one. This one got linen in the trap again!"

justingroves likes this.
  13. fl0at_

I was shocked to find that the troubleshooting manual for my dryer was inside the control panel. It walked me through step by step for troubleshooting a "dryer that won't start."

It was gonna be a $3 fuse or a $60 motor. That was it.

warhammer likes this.
  14. gcbvol

LOL! Hey now, we disassembled ours, too. And it is a massive pain. We were hoping it was a fuse issue, but it was something with the igniter. After talking to a couple folks about repair we decided with likely cost of service call/repair and age of the dryer it made send to go new. I'm also an excellent lint cleaner btw.

15. fl0at_

I'm also just giving you hell. I threw out a washer and dryer set several years ago before my wife and I got married, and we just used her set.

And the dude in the apartment next door scooped them off the curb, popped in something stupid like a fuse, and never let me live it down.

So I vowed never again.

justingroves and gcbvol like this.
  16. fl0at_

Igniter? Gas dryer?

17. gcbvol

Yep, it was an LG gas dryer. We loved it and got another one.

18. CardinalVol

We've had our washer & dryer for about 10 years and our big screen TV for 13 years and fully expect them to bite the dust any day now out of the blue.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i want my tv to go out so i can buy another one. the wife thinks it's fine.

20. CardinalVol

We might have the last plasma TV in existence, but it still works well so we're going to go until she dies.

justingroves and droski like this.