OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not a golf person and never will be. Top Golf is a genius level idea and makes it fun like bowling but I don't have to wear rented shoes, and you are getting fresh air. I've been twice while entertaining visiting olds. I support the franchise. There was some protesting about another location being built near me and I spoke up in their defense. The claim was traffic/parking, but that was silly because traffic already sucks while there is already inadequate housing available. Top Golf isn't a problem, lack of public transportation is.

Folks around here don't want road or rail projects, don't want high density housing, don't want high rent, and don't want traffic. NIMBYism has driven me into the arms of Top Golf. It feels like there can be a better tomorrow when you go to Top Golf. It's a place of innovation.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's brilliant. We played the Angry birds game, which is fun for everyone regardless of skill. It's just fun.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Top Golf is a fantastic product and I love that even non golfers can step up and have a good time.

4. CardinalVol

And on Tuesdays per person is pretty dang cheap too.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah, Tuesdays are half price. It’s a good deal.

Otherwise, if I was going to complain about something it would be that it’s expensive if you plan to drink and/or eat too. A couple hours and few drinks and you’re paying more than a round of golf, even if you split the bay up among friends.

6. CardinalVol

A mother's ability to call and tell you about random people dying yet cannot remember to call and tell you when people you are relatively close to die is amazing.

justingroves likes this.
  7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Had one of my football coaches die, not a word from my mom. Some random person I might have met once, would call me with every detail.

8. CardinalVol

Yup.

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

10. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Baldwin has claimed since the incident that he didn’t pull the trigger? That he pulled the hammer back, let it go, and the gun fired? I realize this may be one of the least important details of the story but I’m shocked people are writing that as if it’s even a possibility.

justingroves likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think that's possible. the gun going off that way, I mean. Not that someone would write it without verifying it is mechanically possible.

To me, clearly this is a matter for a jury. That's why that process exists.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm not an expert, but I'm mostly certain it's possible. It would require operator error, a damaged weapon, or for it to be a specialized stunt piece (pretty sure it wasn't if I recall correctly).

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like a decent defense. Take it to a jury.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I expected that the Armorer would be charged. I am surprised by Baldwin.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I think Baldwin was a producer on top of being the one who pulled the trigger or held the gun, whichever. It wouldn't surprise me to see both charged.

16. CardinalVol

I'm still trying to figure out why a live bullet was in the actual gun to begin with.

justingroves likes this.
  17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Story was they had the guns out doing some target shooting at some time earlier, and the live ammunition was left in it. If that's what happened, there was negligence somewhere. I haven't read about it in a while, but early on I assumed some sort of system breakdown possibly due to those involved being complacent with regard to handling weapons on set.

18. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I should have been more clear. I’m not saying it’s impossible, merely that it is incredibly unlikely and would most likely be the result of damage to the firearm and this would certainly be a part of the investigation.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Even if rounds were not left in it ever, that is still gross negligence on a set.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

IIRC there were a lot of shortcuts taken and previous safety violations on the set that caused a bunch of support staff to walk off the set and leave the project in protest. Seems like one of those situations where you get what you pay for in terms of all that. It was a low budget production and they tried to skimp and this tragically happened.