OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Kind of. Apples have a lot more fiber which helps slow how fast the sugar gets into the bloodstream.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sure, but it is sugar. And heat comes from the amount of capsaicin. In the context of a dish, whether you get it instantly or it builds over several bites, it persists longer than the difference of how it comes on. There isn't a pepper with less of it that is hotter than any with more.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We are eating chicken dishes here, not peppers.

10SEvols and justingroves like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

But the dish with the most capsaicin concentration will always hottest, right?

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, short of adding something like horseradish or something else that causes similar sensations. I took emain's post to mean more than just the heat but the flavor as well.

emainvol and InVolNerable like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

None of the things I listed use horseradish or wasabi. They all use peppers.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I also think that some of the high heat level stuff stands up to some of the international foods that are really hot as well. Places like Prince’s and Bolton’s could already really turn it up, and now you’ve got the new breed who are serious about pushing the envelope spice wise

There’s a lot of folks that think Hattie Bs is the best example of hot chicken, and they make pretty good food, but it’s hot chicken with training wheels.

justingroves likes this.
  8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Okay.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I get the point of hot chicken is to be hot, but it also needs to taste good. Bolton's is up there with the spiciest I've had, but it absolutely [uck fay]ing sucks taste wise. And if you go with anybody who doesn't like spicy, go ahead and tell them to order completely separately from you. Otherwise they make it all together and just try to wipe some of the extra sauce off.

First job I had when I moved back to Nashville in 2015, we'd do hot chicken Friday's. Pepperfire was my go to, but I haven't been since they moved off Gallatin. They were closed down for forever cause of moving and then Covid, but I think they reopened last year. Also liked 400 degrees a lot, but I only ate there if I didn't have anything else to do the rest of the afternoon cause you didn't know if it would take 5 minutes or an hour to get your food. Their spiciest "800 degree" chicken is an entirely different recipe from whatever they use for everything else though and tastes awful.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It does heat wise. Hottest chicken I've ever had was at an Asian place, but that was an anomaly. Thai place that just drenched it in chiles. Miscommunication on my part I think.

I don't do Nashville Hot all that often. I prefer Prince's when I get it. Just not that location downtown in the food court by the Amazon offices. I wouldn't serve that to my dog.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Guns N Roses in TBA on September 12th. Will be awesome.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Had no clue so much of the band had rejoined. I figured Axl Rose had burned all those bridges decades ago.

Their first two albums plus EP were some of the best shit put out ever. Like a meteor streaking through the sky, they were here and gone.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Can Axl still do it? I wouldn’t mind seeing them

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I sat outside Cats music at midnight in college for the release of the blue/red cds. Then celebrated concert day at the lake, where I face planted, took in a bunch of shit lake water and proceeded to miss the concert from puking, rhea and 103 fever.
    Never got to see them.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’d like to go but not at the prices they’re going to be asking. I bet the uppers 300s will be at least 100 dollars.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I doubt it

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Sounded okay when he filled in for Brian Johnson in AC DC while sitting in a chair a few years ago. Okay.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You know you've done well when your daughter threatens shank you quietly in the night. I've been picking on her not being with me while shopping for music instruments.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

More like Gums n' Fixodent, amirite?

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

son: I think I can take you now, while in fighting stance in kitchen
    Me: is that right
    Son: yeah no way you catch me to get your hands on me
    Me: that’s not exactly taking me.
    Son: bruh
    Me: bruh what is that on your shorts,
    Then gets guillotined by the old man as he looks down. Kids don’t know what kindof skill set their parents built over the years.

InVolNerable and warhammer like this.