Percent chance we get Gruden?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm concerned about Indy's job.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah, that's certainly a legit take.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Do you think manning will be named GM?

4. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

50%, when [itch bay] is fired, I'll let it wander up to 90%.

5. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Unless you're a colts fan, I don't believe that potentiality and ours will affect each other.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I feel better about it this time, but just can't get excited until he's at the podium.

I'll be here helping keep the wheels turning on the Gruden train though for sure.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

There has to be an opening first.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I felt much better last time. I was going around everywhere telling people he would be the next coach.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Did he finally screw a student or something?

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Who gave Indy a job

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Homerun.

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

"Volbrian:
    Much of the OP is accurate. The exact conversations and ultimatums may not be revealed but it can be said that Dave Hart cost Tennessee a chance at hiring Jon Gruden in 2012. Will it be different this time? I would not put money on Gruden being the next coach at Tennessee but I WOULD put money on Tennessee giving him the best offer possible with everyone, boosters and AD personnel, on the same page. They will make him say no in my opinion and if he does, he is probably not coaching college football.

JAV:
    The OP is pretty close. I'll just echo what VolBrian said. There will be an offer made that virtually any coach (not named Saban or Belichik) would not be able to say no to. That said, I'll believe that he will come here when the ink is dry. I do know that there are excellent options that will be pursued if Jon doesn't become a reality.

JAV:
    I'm not trying to be evasive or vague at all so please don't take it that way. The 2 names that I know will be seriously pursued, I just don't want to say out of respect for both of them and those who are involved. I will say that both of them would bring their own seismic boom as well. Not Chucky big but both are great football coaches."

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Awesome news if true. Sounds like we're gonna break the bank this time. Also, **** Dave Hart.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's plenty of money on the table, by everyone

15. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

Well this is exciting.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Ultimatums?

A concocted story by Dave Hart should never be believed. Jon didn’t ask for anything more than any other coach would. He asked for more money for his assistants, and boosters had no issue with that. He didn’t ask for anything out of the ordinary with compliance and he asked for a title to be able to answer directly to Chancellor.

What needs to be never forgotten is Dave Hart is a worthless piece of shit who should have never been allowed to step foot on campus.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And he didn’t want title to go above the head of Hart. He knew, like everyone else, that the next football coach would outlast Hart I’m Knoxville.

Hart convoyed the story about Jon having too high of demands to cover his own weasely ass. And the sheep media of Knoxville ran with it.

**** that guy.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It was inevitable that it would go down this road. I'm just surprised the turn wasn't made sooner.

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I like this.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'll say it again, if we give our legit best shot at hiring Mr. Jon Gruden but he still says no, I'll be at peace. Disappointed, but at peace.