Pitt Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by yont sum iss?, Sep 1, 2022.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep. He is apparently not very happy about it.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is terrible. Unprofessional. I bet he never lets it happen again.

zehr27 likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What happened?

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Our allotment is a joke and the location of the seats were crap. We barely got the tickets needed for the band.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

In fairness I can't think of a less desirable destination we've had in recent memory than a road trip to freaking Pittsburg, Pennsylvania to see the Vols play in a NFL stadium. I prefer road trips where you get to actually experience a college campus and stadium setting. Outside of actual bowl games, off campus stadiums are always lacking. Big reason why I always thought South Carolina games in Columbia are the least exciting experiences I've had over the years. Just a horrible setup.

Was kinda bummed personally when we backed out on going to BYU even if it made sense from a football perspective. Provo is in a beautiful part of the country we rarely get a chance to experience. Would've been a unique away game to travel to. Whereas a chance to go watch the Vols play in downtown Pittsburg just isn't that appealing.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Saw where Hyams or someone stated that our fans apparently had already bought a lot of tickets online through Pitts wesbsite before the season started and we should still be taking quite a few up there.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Wonder if it will even be a sellout. Pitt fans aren't exactly known for filling up Heinz Field

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've spent one night in Pittsburgh, I thought it was a cool city but I don't see it being a destination to spend several days in, except as a Cardinals/Vols fan this weekend would be awesome

A-Smith likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

See how many vol fans will be there. It will be a lot.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think they are a bit afraid the stadium might be more than half orange.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I'd never underestimate this fanbase. Have no doubt there will be plenty of orange in the stands Saturday. Still is a very underwhelming road trip when you compare it to other road trips we've had in the past 20 years or so to places like Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Oregon. Personally I will not be losing sleep that I am not going on this particular trip. Would much prefer to just watch this one on TV as opposed to making an entire weekend out of visiting Pittsburg freakin' Pennsylvania.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Trey Wallace implied that Juwan Mitchell had a built in 1 game suspension dating back to something that happened last year.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than that

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think maybe more too. The Vol diaspora is large and pitt is closer to Knoxville for many.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember being in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road in the San Juan Mountains. I had seen maybe 5 vehicles go down the road all afternoon and one of them was a big 4x4 truck with a roll bar and power T spare tire cover. We are everywhere.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We'd be going if we weren't already committed to something else that day.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That could see that being true. Heupel has danced around the question a bit and implied it was health related but all I heard during camp was how excited they were to have him fully healthy for the first time. It seemed off.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

And saying we wouldn't know til Saturday could be just being clever about it. He knows, but we won't until then, kind of thing. There's no real reason to announce it ahead of time.

Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Do they know for certain? No.

A billion things could happen to him this week. No need to try to guess the future. The honest answer is we won't know until right at kickoff.

Memtownvol, justingroves and IP like this.