Pitt Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by yont sum iss?, Sep 1, 2022.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I think we exorcize some demons next week them a few more against Florida. Will need more quality bodies before getting right against UGA and BAMA.

2. cpninja

cpninja Member

The list of coaches who wont eventually be fired is pretty short, I'd guess something like 99.5% of coaches either get fired or "retire"/"resign"(fired). I get the sentiment though, although I'd say this more of a predictor of if he'll be good or just average. Pitt got worse and we stayed the same(at worst). Need this W badly

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Not an earth shattering prediction there I know.

cpninja likes this.
  4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's more of a long vs. short tenure sort of deal.

We have to start getting back to winning our fair share of big games. The last decade is killing our brand.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The last decade is now our brand. That's reality.

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Everyone concerned about our inability to register a sack against Ball State should reserve judgement for one more week. If by the evening of the 10th we have not harassed, thwarted, and ultimately decimated Slovis, we will all be in unison with our criticisms.

I'm not worried about that though because their best cannot match up with our best for 60 minutes. Not in Pittsburgh, not in Knoxville, not in the Teutoburg Forrest.

We're going to walk in to their home, break their fine china, and set fire to the dining room table.

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

One "r" in forest, don't let the Gumps win.

NorrisAlan and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It did not feel right when typing that post. Thanks for the correction.

asshole

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do the same for me. Don't let the Gumps pull me in to their sick twisted view of the world.

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This is nonsensical, irrelevant, and I've yet to find a thread where to place this but your reference and use of the term Gumps has inspired me to make this addition to our names/phrases/derogatory terms for failed HCs.

The fellas that I join to watch games with get a real kick out of me referring to Pruitt as Byron De La Cornbread.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

All coaches will eventually get fired

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If he loses to Pitt we are just watching the same reworked movie script for the fourth time.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t see how you see a repeat. I mean we set records in year 1 and frankly, when the coach puts you in position to be up 21-0 like last year vs Pitt with great play calls to wide open wrs, it’s not on the coach in those situations. Coaches prior didn’t have our players prepared or in position to make plays from their scheming.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Every coach we’ve had had you excited at this point in their tenure, Smiff

MaconVol likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

I just stated the differences, in that we set records and have had players in position to make plays. We didn’t prior. And no when Pruitt started year 2 with JG, I wasn’t excited at all, so you are incorrect.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He’s a better coach than the last 3 for sure. Mainly because of QB. I just mean it will be very clear by the end of the year if he will ever win more than 8 games. And Pitt is definitely a litmus test.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jones against OU at home had us in position. Then he told them to kick the FG on the 3. FML.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch lacked balls. If or when Heupel fails, it's going to be because he won't fix the defense

hohenfelsvol and A-Smith like this.
  19. Ssmiff

#8 and I believe #21 were also an inch from making a play on a ball on multiple key 3rd and 4th down conversions. May have only taken 1 stop to get the W

20. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Deflating if UF gets a win over a top 10 team in game 1 under a new coach.