Pitt reactions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The Auburn game was such a fluke. Gomer had Malzahn's playbook figured out from his time at Bama, calling the play before it ran, and Guarantano managed to throw enough jump balls for Palmer to get. It's like Butch magically beating Florida in 2015.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Somehow I missed this.

SetVol13 likes this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sorry, 2016.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt was damn near at the hash marks directing traffic that day. He even had their snap count down yelling "[uck fay]ing go" to Alontae on a corner blitz

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Also, that Auburn game, the td pass to Chandler that opened up like the red sea and was never tried again

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Like the Tinsley end around.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m still surprised that worked once fwiw

ptclaus98 likes this.
  8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Gus went super Gus that day. I was calling out plays to the people I was sitting with based just on formations

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Heard today from a reliable inside source that Joe Milton was being heavily recruited to go and overthrow the taliban

Lexvol, TennTradition and MWR like this.
  10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I mean we got beat by 30 against Mizzou and Vandy, Auburn and Kentucky were upsets

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

You guys are getting into semantics about what constitutes an "upset". We were not favored in either of those games.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

You on the SECRant, too?

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

There was nothing magic about 2016 Florida, we finally did to them what we should have done in 14 and 15, which is beat the dogshit out of the mediocre, soft program they were at the time.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have a hypothesis that we won't get good again until the fan base accepts that we are bad. So long as we look down on teams based on things that haven't been true for 20 or more years, the curse will persist. It won't go away until we quit talking about UGA not winning a title since 1980 or reminding Kentucky about how they used to not ever be ranked even though they've probably spent more time ranked than we have these last 2 decades, or quit laughing when Vandy does something embarrassing as we string together consecutive losing seasons.

Memtownvol and ptclaus98 like this.
  15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I think that the fanbase knows we are bad but they seem to think we're cushioned by other programs being bad, and that's not how that works. We are the cushion.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh ya, Tennessee being 5th or 6th in the division is not distinguishable from being 14th in the conference, but for some reason people think it is? Whoopity doo, some loser program or two was worse than us again. Yee. Ha.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But it's Kentucky, they're Kentucky

Lexvol and warhammer like this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I will always look down on Kentucky because they're Kentucky

warhammer, Poppa T, TDVol1989 and 2 others like this.
  19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Pitt tied 34-34 with Western Michigan in the 3rd. Just FYI. We are very bad. Don’t do it to yourself.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]