Plain and Simple: Poorly Coached.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Nov 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Don DeVoe made five straight at UT. Jerry Green made it every year he was here. Ray Mears would have made a field of 68 about 15 straight times. You either don't know your history or are an idiot. I'll let you figure that piece out.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Getting involved in a basketball history debate with Hat is only a slightly less known faux pas than getting involved in a land war in Asia or challenging a Sicilian when death is on the line.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It always irks me when people don't acknowledge this

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

When did I downplay Mears' success? I didnt.

5. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I'm not getting involved in a history debate with hat as he knows 100x more about basketball than I do. It's still idiotic to make the notion that Pearl is an awful coach as NYY said... when he's far from it.. no matter how much basketball knowledge someone may possess it's still a stupid claim. It's well known hat hates Pearl and has no respect for him.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not a Princess Bride fan I see.

7. hatvol96

Not near as stupid as claiming Tennessee is a bad basketball program.

8. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Lol. Boom!

9. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Pearl maxed out at the elite 8. He was never going to win a championship

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

We aren't in the top 4 of the SEC so we are mediocre at best. And even shittier programs like UGA have managed to go further in the tournament than we have.

11. hatvol96

If you're talking historically, that's just ignorant. For the first 50 years of the SEC, it was Kentucky, Tennessee, then everyone else.

12. hatvol96

How many times has UT finished outside the top 4 in the SEC in the last 8 years?

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Smackdown: engaged

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Florida may have been shit for many years before Donovan but his run alone puts him ahead of UT.

Arkansas is ahead too regardless of being an expansion team. Missouri is a better program overall - despite just joining the SEC. Then teams like Bama have pretty identical stats to UT in terms of tournament appearances, success, etc. LSU kinda.. But have had more tournament succes.

Tennessee is about the 5th best program plus or minus 1 now that Missouri joined the conference.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  15. hatvol96

Remind me how many times Missouri has advanced further in the NCAA Tournament than Tennessee has.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I knew Bass was fast, but I've never seen anyone backpedal with this speed.

17. hatvol96

Then Cuonzo must be doing a hell of a job. He keeps finishing ahead of "better" programs.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

We should be so lucky that Coleman could do the same with such speed and deftness.

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Zero. But 5 E8's > 1 E8.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Meh - no point in going there - Tennessee is a top 2-3 program in the SEC in football.. yet we can't finish in the top 10 in the conference the past 4 years as this year comes to a close.