Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I thought they were already doing this

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ha ha

3. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

At the memorial on the Auschwitz site itself, as well. A sad amount of people feel that they're the center of their own little solar system, I don't think it's out of disrespect, jusr a deep indifference to anything that isn't what they're focused on this minute.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Night Rider lives

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Ats right.

'Whats a Night Rider?"

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I assumed that was already the case.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How long before some genius gets seriously injured playing this thing in the street then tries to sue Nintendo for it?

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I thought exactly the same thing. they are encouraging people to walk around in streets looking at their phone.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;XeoB1voCit4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeoB1voCit4[/video]

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;adScBXvJbeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adScBXvJbeM[/video]

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Read where two guys in California fell off the edge of a bluff while playing the game. Unfortunately they survived.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Darwin doin work. P

13. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

The gps signal picks up any area within 50 ft of your location so only the real idiots should get hurt playing. There's no need to be in the middle of a street

14. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I just watched a Casey Neistat video where is in a park and everyone he asks is playing the game. It was insane how many people were playing.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You can play Pokemon Go at Happy Hour.

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'm sure it pairs well with a Red's Apple Ale.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The more recent episode of South Park where Ike keeps calling Stan and Kyle "grandpa's" comes to mind. This game is unbelievably popular, regardless of whether any grandpas call it lame, gay, or whatever. They're also making bank on it, it promotes being active (I've walked 65 km with it so far), and you meet all kinds of people playing it. It's a lot of fun.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You're so damn cool and manly. I wish I could be like you.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Sounds like a blast.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I have no problem admitting that I'm kind of a grandpa. By the way, the game's popularity has no bearing whatsoever on whether I consider it to be gay or not.

I'm admittedly a somewhat closeminded person on these types of things. The rooms in my house at school are leased individually so I had a new roommate move in recently who I'd never met or spoken to before he showed up. Day 1 he has three dudes over and they spend hours watching youtube videos of other people playing video games and then they play board games for hours in our living room. I do believe in the whole "to each his own" mantra, but if it makes me a [penis] for assuming the kid is a major league tool*, I guess I'm a [penis] then.

*After weeks of further evidence, the kid is undoubtedly the weirdest person I've ever met.